The Legacy of Peter's Favourite Avenger

"Wait, so you mean to tell me that I get to test run the Sting Suit, Tinker on War Machine's Armor and help make the awesomest NANOTECHNOLOGY Iron Man Armor! Is it my birthday?" Peter exclaimed.

Tony sighed at his kid's enthusiasm, "Yes, and don't forget, you get to tinker with the Iron Spider suit, seriously go nuts with the Vibranium, but do get off the ceiling, Peter!"

"Oh, didn't notice...I do that when I'm happy, nervous or excited, and that's why I was starting to feel giddy huh, this one time May was so fed up of all the footprints on the ceiling she made me mop the ceiling. Which was sort of fun, until I dropped the water on Ned and had to let him try on the mask... I'm rambling again aren't I" he blushed.

"It's alright bud, but you should probably go and try these on" Tony showed Peter 4 shirts, somewhat identical pairs. One was a white T-shirt which said 'Iron Man is my favorite avenger' and it's bigger counterpart said 'Spiderman is my favorite avenger' and had the respective miniature logos all over it. While the other was black and had 'Tony Stark's favorite mentee' and 'Peter Parker's favorite mentor' written in white on it.

"Thanks, Dad!" Peter chirped, not noticing the slip-up.

Tony froze for a moment, but as Peter went past him with a big smile to his room, he couldn't help but notice the ease with which he called him dad. It suited his kid.

He was tired from all the working they did in the past week, but for the first time he didn't do inventing or tinkering to get away from his father, or ignore the bullies at MIT, or escape the pain of his parents' death, or because the Aliens or Terrorists or Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D or Hydra cause headaches for him, no he did it because he had fun with the kid.

It was hard to find someone that shared his intellect but wasn't cocky about it or didn't just mind him to exploit his resources. Pepper was great, the love of his life, but nanochips and circuit boards had no place in her world. Rhodey had graduated M.I.T, but he was better suited in a suit.

"Really does remind me of Bruce" Tony said, sipping his coffee.

"Geez, put that down Tony" Pepper walked into the lab.

"In my defense, I need to stay awake for another two hours." he mock saluted her.

"Yeah well...How's the kid? Just had a word with his teacher. Not a bad guy, actually. He only thought Peter was pretending he had an Internship because the tour guide said we didn't accept applicants from high school. But the school is a mess. Some kids say the went to his house and he wasn't there because he ran off to Mexico to avoid being 'exposed'. Kids these days" She began stacking up the papers sprawled across the lab room, as well as the pizza boxes and put all the Mugs into the dishwasher.

Tony helped her, "I can see why, but the kid didn't report bullying or cyberbullying, which is concerning. I didn't think him crashing here for the project was bad for this. I've had some fun. This is really good, he is promising. Exactly what the future needs."Tony was really hoping she understood. Peter was the ray of light that made him believe he was more than just a broken, old, selfish yet filthy rich man.