seven

all the students from the class they would be partnering up with came spewing into wonwoo's classroom.

mingyu's eyes lit up when he saw wonwoo. he pulled up a chair next to him and said,
"hi hyung~"

wonwoo was caught a bit off guard but just smiled at mingyu who was sitting very close to him.

"so, what do you want to do for the science fair?" mingyu asked.

"i don't mind. i was leaving that for you to decide." wonwoo said, getting some pieces of paper from the front of the class.

"now that you're with your partners, you can now start working on your projects. you'll have until the end of the month to complete them." the teacher smiled and sat back down in her chair, and started to mark some papers.

suddenly two girls came over to mingyu, standing right in front of wonwoo as if he wasn't there.

"hey mingyu~ why don't you come work with us instead?" one of them said, batting her eyelashes and giving him a sultry look.

"yeah, i'm sure you'll have much more fun with us. why don't you just ditch this loser and come over here with us?" the other girl said as she bit her lip seductively. mingyu already knew what she meant by 'fun' and wanted nothing to do with them or their little horny fantasies.

mingyu just laughed it off, "i'm sorry but i'll have to decline, id much prefer to work with wonwoo rather than you two."

wonwoo tried to hold back his laughter as the two girls looked at the other boy in pure shock. they scoffed and walked off, flipping their hair to the side.

mingyu imitated them and wonwoo laughed. the younger male smiled at how cute wonwoo's laugh was, noticing how his nose scrunches up when he does.

time skip~ afterschool

wonwoo and mingyu were walking out the school gates when mingyu spoke up.
"hey do you wanna come to the arcade later with me and a few of my friends?"

wonwoo's mouth suddenly became dry when mingyu said that and his heart started to race a bit faster. he was never a fan of meeting new people even if they were friends of his friends.

mingyu could tell by the elders expression that he was already hating the idea.
"oh! yeah i forgot, i mean you don't have to go, i was just wondering.."

"sure."

"i mean i know you're not a fan of meeting new people and everything but what, say that again?"

"i said sure." mingyu looked at wonwoo in confusion to his response. wonwoo wasn't quite sure himself why he accepted the offer. some part of him wanted to try meet new people, maybe impress mingyu in some way...

"wait really?! you're not fucking with me right? you don't have to if you don't want to hyung. i know you're not one for meeting new people." mingyu said with a concerned look on his face. he really didn't want wonwoo to feel forced into doing this, he knew that he wouldn't usually be comfortable with this type of thing. yet, some part of his felt happy inside. happy that wonwoo was trying something new. that and he gets to hang about with him outside of school; that's just an added plus.

"i know it's going to be new for me, and i guess it'll be quite frightening at first, but, i'm willing to try. and if i feel uncomfortable, i'll just tell when i want to leave. i don't want to ruin your time with your friends because of me." wonwoo confessed as he smiled at mingyu.

"i'm so happy for you hyung!~" mingyu gave wonwoo a reassuring hug, a tight one might he add. "don't worry, it'll just be minghao and hansol. they're real chill so you'll be fine, just be prepared for some intense clowning." mingyu laughed and wonwoo laughed along as well.

"although, i might be squeezed to death before i get there if you don't let go." wonwoo joked and mingyu released him.

wonwoo and mingyu met up with minghao and hansol a few minutes later. mingyu learnt something new about the elder and that he loves gaming. especially the combat games.

he smiled as he watched wonwoo played the many games displayed at the arcade, always excited to play each one.

of course at first it was a bit nerve racking for wonwoo seeing as he has never hung out with new people but he enjoyed the company. it's nice to have actual friends, much more different than usual.

in the process, mingyu and wonwoo grew a little bit closer. mingyu wasn't sure of his feelings anymore, he though he had gotten over him but now he's actually spending time with wonwoo, he's getting more attached and falling deeper.

they spent an hour at the arcade and wonwoo liked hanging around hansol and minghao. he could tell the two were close with mingyu, especially when they joked around him. they ate at near sushi bar and went home after that.

mingyu walked wonwoo home and they talked about whatever came to mind. games, school, likes, dislikes, hobbies and more that helped them learn about each other.

wonwoo enjoyed being with mingyu, he felt more relaxed and comfortable and not some coward who's afraid of any social interaction.
he could talk to mingyu about anything and everything without tensing up and sweating.

as much as he loves hanging around mingyu, he always felt like he was a bit clingy. he thought that he was just a dog following mingyu everywhere he went. wonwoo knew that mingyu was the one who proposed the idea of being friends first so surely he doesn't mind, does he?

wonwoo was unsure of many things when talking about friendships, he didn't know much about them since his whole life was just him on his own.

his father left years ago as he and his mother always fought. his mother was always working and there was the rare chance she'd come home every once in a while so being around others he was comfortable with is new to him.
sure he has soonyoung but he has his own things to attend to and didn't want to bother or ask him of too much. he was always independent and did most things growing up alone.

it's just different that he finally has someone who he could be himself around. someone he can imagine doing anything with.

maybe someone that can help him try and learn to love again.

don't forget to vote ! :)