twenty four

"you sure like asking questions, baby." minhyuk smirked, tracing small circles on wonwoo's arm before wonwoo pulled his arm away.

"i said for you to stop calling me that." wonwoo said, his patience growing thin slightly. minhyuk shrugged, knowing he can call wonwoo whatever he wanted.

"you asked about the dungeon. well, what does it sound like to you? i'm sure with your smarts you can figure it out. that's the exhibitionists' floor, i don't go there too often, i like to keep it private and intimate. let's just say that what goes on down there is quite memorable for the customers." wonwoo could only imagine what else would go down. he imagines its similar to the the strip, but something more pleasurable; it might turn out to be painful pleasure, something wonwoo didn't want to find out by going there.

"can you explain more of the other floors?"

"the haze, as you saw, is a place where people can come to wind down. it's similar to the bar but a little bit more different than drinking. the private rooms are where the magic happens."

where the magic happens? wonwoo could only think that the private rooms are where the escorts and their customers come to do some kinky stuff and probably have sex, judging by what minhyuk has told him about the other rooms so far.

he knew all of this was wrong, but why wasn't he doing anything? he could easily call the police and get minhyuk arrested for what he did to wonwoo and operating an illegal establishment. he could finally get rid of him once and for all.

what's holding him back?

"you're quite eager to know about La Rose Noir, care to tell me why?" minhyuk asked, staring at wonwoo in the eyes.

"i'm just curious, that's all." wonwoo said, giving minhyuk a shaky smile, trying to seem convincing enough to persuade him. they looked at each other before minhyuk shrugged and continued drinking; again.

"since you've had your turn of asking questions, shouldn't i have my fair share of asking you questions too?" minhyuk smirked, raising his eyebrow at wonwoo.

wonwoo nodded. "sure, i dunno what you'd want to ask me, not a lot to me really."

"of course there is. you're really smart, amazing at writing and anything to do with books. you're a really good gamer from what i remembered." minhyuk gave wonwoo a reassuring smile, telling him not to doubt himself. "you know wonwoo, i still love you, i never stopped."

"don't give me that bullshit, minhyuk. we both know that you don't mean the words you say." wonwoo told minhyuk, slightly moving away making a good distance between the two of them.

"oh, but i do, wonwoo. i mean every word i say. always have, and always will." minhyuk said, snaking a hand onto wonwoo's thighs without wonwoo realising. "why can't you just believe me?"

"isn't it quite obvious why i shouldn't believe anything you say? you lied and manipulated my feelings. you took advantage of me, knowing full well that i wouldn't do anything to stop you until i had the courage to do so."

"i was dumb, wonwoo, to do those things to you. i wasn't in the right state of mind and if you just gave me one chance, one chance to make up for all of it; i wouldn't waste it. please, i'm begging you. i promise to not hurt you."

wonwoo's heart hurted, hurted in more ways than one and for so many reasons he didn't understand. he really wanted to believe minhyuk's words, believe that he really will change for the better if wonwoo gave him that chance. maybe... maybe he's telling the truth. maybe he is willing for us to try again. he says he loves me.

and i still love him...

wonwoo felt pathetic, admitting to himself that he still loved minhyuk, after all these years. how can he still love minhyuk after everything? after all the heartbreak, after all the torture, after all the pain. but he couldn't help it. he really was still in love with minhyuk, and he hated himself for it.

but what about mingyu?

"look, minhyuk. i want to believe you, i really do. but i just... can't. do you know how much you hurt me? you fucking ruined me and you got to walk around like you're king of the world, proudly telling everybody what you did to me, whilst i had to suffer alone with no one to talk to about how i fucking felt because no one fucking cared." small tears started fall down from wonwoo's eyes, finally letting out all the pain he felt for minhyuk that he had bottled up all these years. minhyuk sat there, listening to his ex-lover's words, not fully knowing about how much pain and grief he had caused for this one boy.

wonwoo wiped the tears, not wanting to seem like the weak boy he was. "i loved you minhyuk, i may still do. but i don't want to be hurt again. i don't want to be used and then thrown to the sidelines. i want to be loved, loved by someone who will take care of me, love me for all my flaws and insecurities. i thought that person would be you, minhyuk. but you proved me wrong. you turned out to be selfish dickhead who was obsessed with everyone needing to love them. i really love you minhyuk, but i—."

wonwoo was interrupted by minhyuk pulling his body to his own chest, letting wonwoo's head rest on minhyuk's shoulder. "i'm so fucking sorry. i'm such a horrible person, and i know you'll probably never forgive me for the sins i've committed. i didn't realise how much pain i caused you. i cant deny anything you've said because it's all true, and i deserve to be punished for it, because i'm not someone worthy of your love, wonwoo. if this is the last time we see each other, just know that i love you, and i'm truly sorry for everything."

wonwoo bit his lips at those last few words. he thought back to what he really came here for, to get rid of minhyuk once and for all. but he was having second thoughts.

they stayed quiet sat in the comfortable position, wonwoo listening to the sound of minhyuk's heart beat. the sounds of music upstairs could be heard through the ceiling form the upper floors.

"minhyuk..." wonwoo said, looking up at minhyuk.

"hmm?"

"maybe, i will give you that second chance. but you have to prove me that i can trust you. prove to me that i made the right decision in giving you another chance."

"really? thank you, wonwoo. i promise to use this chance well." minhyuk smiled before laying his head on top of wonwoo's.

wonwoo and minhyuk spent most of the night in the private rooms, saying their goodbyes at almost one in the morning.

as he walked back, wonwoo thought, am i doing the right thing?

lol nope, probs shouldn't have done that wonwoo.