twenty five

wonwoo walked along the edge of the han river, the morning breeze ran through his hair as the sounds of the water played like soothing music. he looked at the time on his phone, it reading 01:28 AM, plugging in his earphones and sitting on a nearby bench with the river in view.

wonwoo closed his eyes as his playlist played through each song, blocking himself out from the rest of the world. what if i made the wrong decision? what if minhyuk goes back on his word? if he does, i should have a back up plan beforehand just in case.

a few minutes passed then wonwoo felt something or someone flick his head from the back, causing a slight pain and for him to rub his head. he opened his eyes and saw mingyu's face towering over his, showing a small smile before sitting down next to him.

wonwoo took one of his earphones from his ear before saying, "hey gyu, what're you doing here?"

"can't sleep, wanted to take a night- um early morning stroll." he chuckled and laid his head back on the bench, staring up at the pitch black sky with small star clusters scattered around.

"the sky's really beautiful tonight, huh?" wonwoo said, joining mingyu into stargazing. "yeah, it really is." mingyu replied.

"but i think you can outshine any star, any day." mingyu muttered under his breath.

wonwoo turned to him. "did you say something? i didn't quite hear it." but mingyu shook his head in response, knowing full well that wonwoo would become uncomfortable if he told his what he really said.

"what's your dream, mingyu? it's a random questions but i've been thinking about this stuff for a while." wonwoo asked, brushing the hair away from is eyes as the wind blew. mingyu hummed, thinking of what to respond.

"my dream, you mean a like a life goal, or a dream job, or dream place to travel to? because i'd love to go to disneyland when I get the chance!" mingyu chuckled, wonwoo joining in laughing at mingyu's childish fantasy.

"dream as in, something you're looking forward to do in life."

"i'm not sure honestly, i've never thought about it too much. i guess i have small things i would want to, like own a pet store! and travel to many places around the world. but i don't have one big thing to look forward to in life, at least not yet." mingyu trailed off on the last few words, then looked at wonwoo. "what about you?"

"not sure, never had the time to think about it. there's nothing in the world worth seeing in my eyes."

"you really think that? there are so many unknown places of the world that are just waiting to be explored, yet you don't even think about wanting to see them. korea isn't that big and can be quite restricting, traveling the world sounds amazing and you get to experience things you've never done before. maybe traveling can be one of your minor dreams." mingyu smiled.

"i guess you're right, but i've just never had the time to travel, i have no one to travel with; it would be too lonely to be honest." wonwoo frowned. when he was younger, sure, he has dreamt of going to places across the seas to other countries; sadly, his parents were never able to fulfil those dreams. his father was of course always busy with work, and his mother didn't have enough money to even afford a ticket just for one person let alone for a family.

"i can travel with you."

"what? what do you mean." they both sat up straight to look at each other properly, wonwoo with a confused, fixed expression.

"i'll take you to see the world. i mean not now, probably when we're older. but i'll take you to all the places you want to go to. i'll be the one to show you there's more to life than what you're restricted to."

"really? you promise?" wonwoo asked, raising an eyebrow. mingyu held out his pinky in front of wonwoo. "i pinky promise." mingyu said, with wonwoo interlocking his pinky with mingyu's.

wonwoo smiled. they sat by the river for at least thirty minutes, talking and joking about everything. they left and mingyu walked wonwoo back home, greeting and feeding taiyo on the way.

wonwoo went up to his door, pulling his keys out from the front pocket of his light washed jeans. "goodnight, wonwoo." mingyu said behind him. wonwoo turned and gave a soft smile.

"goodnight, mingyu."

random and trash chapter since i didn't know what to do so just needed a cute filler chapter; please forgive me :(
next chapter will continue with the plot