thirty eight

i felt like this song fits well for this scene so feel free to play the song for the whole chapter or for the part that is specifically said.

you don't have to play the music but it just fits the mood.

enjoy!

——————

time skip - prom night

the moon was full and bright, contrasting to the darkness of the night sky. stars twinkling in their places, millions of light years away. the night's breeze rustled the trees, their leaves falling from their branches as they are swept away in the direction of the wind.

mingyu pulled up in front of wonwoo's house, turning off the ignition and opening his car door. he walked up to the front door and waited for it to be opened. he waited for a few seconds until he was greeted by wonwoo standing in front of him after opening the door. seeing wonwoo infront of him now, left mingyu utterly speechless.

wonwoo's hair was parted to the side, almost looking messy but it still looked neat and formal. he wore a black suit and a white shirt accompanied by a black bow tie. his shoes pointed near the front and nicely polished, with silver earrings that complimented the rest of the outfit.

mingyu's mouth was wide opened, no words coming from his mouth. wonwoo snickered before saying, "if you want to compliment me, use your words." mingyu realised how long he's been staring and just laughed it off.

"oh! i uh- s-sorry. i was just distracted by how great you look." wonwoo's cheeks became a rosy tint from hearing mingyu's compliment.

"you look great, too." wonwoo complimented. mingyu wore a black suit and white shirt, similar to wonwoo's, but mingyu's had faint stripes going down. he wore a black tie and held a clear box with a light pink orchid boutonniere inside.

"let me put this on you." mingyu said, taking the flower out from it's container and attaching it to wonwoo's suit. wonwoo did the same but with a white and turquoise rose boutonniere. "you ready to go?" mingyu asked, with wonwoo nodding in response. they walked down the cobblestone path, towards mingyu's car. mingyu opened the passenger door for wonwoo being the gentleman that he was and closed it after wonwoo was seated comfortably. he sat down in the driver's seat, buckling his own seatbelt and started driving to the school.

the drive there was silent, neither saying anything to each other. mingyu was more focused on the road where as wonwoo stared out the window, watching people occasionally come into view as they drove pass. the daily radio news popped up inbetween the songs that were played. wonwoo glanced at mingyu from the corner of his eye and saw mingyu looking at him too. the two flustered boys looked away, focusing on things other than the boy they were sat next to.

they approached the school and mingyu parked at the front where many other cars were aswell. mingyu and wonwoo stepped out the car, locking it and entering from the front entrance. the doors automatically opened and followed the red carpet that lead straight up to where the party was held. even from the outside, you could here the loud music being played and the cheers of many teenagers having the time of their lives.

they walked through the doors and saw crowds of people holding glasses under the neon blue lights, illuminating the whole hall. most of the decorations were a cream white colour with pieces of silk hanging from the ceiling in the middle, going out and connecting to the walls on the outskirts. a table near to the front of the room had a variety of food displayed like a buffet, a few people grabbing a drink to quench their thirst.

the two walked around together to find people they knew, mingyu holding wonwoo's small hand tightly so he wouldn't get lost in the crowd. they reached the back of the hall where some tables were and found their group of friends chatting away in their dashing suits. "hey guys." mingyu greeted, raising his voice slightly so he could be heard over the booming music.