eighteen

wonwoo sat there, mingyu's head laying on his lap, peacefully sleeping. he was about to fall asleep as well when he heard a sudden ringtone come from either his or mingyu's phone.

he checked mingyu's phone to see if the noise was coming from his phone, apparently not. he then turned to his phone, which was still tucked and hidden away in the mass numbers of pillows, he was surprised he could still feel the vibrations.
the muffled sounds stopped once he answered the phone, he thought it was soonyoung again or junhui but it was a voice he never thought he'd hear again.

"minhyuk?!"

"hey baby, did you miss me?" minhyuk said with a teasing tone in his voice.

"why would i miss you? and don't call me baby."

"i can call you whatever i want, baby. after all, you love me don't you?" wonwoo could almost imagine the sly grin on minhyuk's face.

"i don't love you anymore minhyuk, i never will." wonwoo could already feel his anger boiling inside of him, just wanting to let out all his feelings, but he had to keep control.

"awh, but baby, i still love you. i've missed hearing your beautiful voice for so long. have i ever told you how soothing your voice is?"

"you did, but probably didn't mean it."

"i mean every word i say, sweetheart. i promise."

"when you promise something to a person, you have to actually keep it and not just break that promise instantly." wonwoo wanted no part of minhyuk's games and his fake compliments.
"let's cut to the chase, what do you actually want minhyuk."

"straight to the point, huh? you're still the same old wonwoo i remember." minhyuk said in a low voice, chuckling at the fond memory he had of wonwoo a few years ago.
"alright i tell you what i want. money." there was a long pause between his demand and wonwoo's response. money? why does he need money from me?

"money? after all you done to me, you really think i'd give you money?"

"of course you would, you were always at my beck and call, always behaving like the good little boy you were supposed to be. you were so pure and innocent baby, acting like the golden, angel child everyone bullied you for. what happened wonwoo? what happened to that same boy I fell in love with all those years ago?" wonwoo wanted to laugh. fell in love with? tch, as if I would fall for your lies again.

"really minhyuk, you're playing this card on me, again. you fucking ruined me, you tore me apart. you hurt me in ways that are too vulgar to describe, committing crimes I know you'd never own up to. love? don't make me laugh, you never loved me. you were so obsessed with the fact you used me as a sex toy for you to jerk off to."

"I know you enjoyed it. I showed you amazing things; things that no one else would've done for you. I know you, sweetheart, you loved me, and I love you. why don't we just go back to what we were before?"

"LOVED minhyuk, I was a dumb and naïve child who was taken advantage of. I did love you minhyuk, I thought I finally had someone to trust, someone who actually cared for me. but you never lived up to those expectations." wonwoo paused for a few seconds, trying to hold back the tears that almost broke through.
"what we were before? we weren't anything minhyuk. that so called 'relationship' you fantasise about, wasn't fucking love. love is something that you'll never give me, something that you'll never be capable of doing."

"this is becoming tedious. fine, how about I offer you a deal. this friday evening, you bring me the money I want, and I won't bother if you anymore and i'll leave you alone."

"if I don't?"

"well then, I might just have to give soonyoung's father a call to get rid his pesky son and his dwarf of a boyfriend. maybe i'll request to get rid off your boyfriend whilst they're at it." wonwoo froze, minhyuk knows... about mingyu? how? he's never even met him before.

"w-wait... how do you know about mingyu?"

"so his name is mingyu, that makes it easier for him to find. as for how I know, well, I have my ways sweetheart." minhyuk said in a teasing voice again, it made wonwoo sick just hearing the sound of his voice.

"why are you doing this minhyuk? aren't you tired of using other people to get what you want."

"why? because it's fun to toy with other people's lives. my life has been shit and miserable, that's a good enough reason to make others feel like shit too." minhyuk scoffed.
"i don't need to explain myself to you, just bring the money on friday or else. see you then baby."

minhyuk ended the call and wonwoo wanted to scream. he was frustrated that he barely tried to fight back, not even attempting to say decline his offer. but that's the thing, wonwoo couldn't say no, because if he did, he would put soonyoung, jihoon, and even mingyu at risk. he couldn't afford to lose anyone else.

no matter how much he wanted to just punch minhyuk, he had to be smart about this.

knowing minhyuk, he wouldn't stick to his word about 'leaving him alone' after wonwoo have him the money.

so what should he do?

nonetheless, no one can find about minhyuk's call. not soonyoung, not even mingyu. he has to fight his own battles alone.

he'll just have to hide this and keep everything a secret, just like old times.

author: short chapter today, im sorry :( i just wanted to introduce the first part of the meanie drama i plan to include in this story. these chapters take time for me to plan out so please bare with me.
hope you're all doing well !!

don't forget to vote :)