thirty two

"just call me if anything happens, okay?"

"i will, don't worry." wonwoo replied, slipping on a coat before opening the door. he said goodbye to mingyu and closed the front door, walking back out into the cold night. he took out his phone and opened up google maps and typed in the address minhyuk sent him a few minutes ago.

this felt exactly like the time wonwoo was meeting minhyuk for the first time at la rose noir, that night when wonwoo forgave him for everything and gave him a second chance.

the night where wonwoo helplessly fell in love with him again.

stuffing one of his hands in the jacket's pocket to stay warm, looking up from his screen from time to time to check his surroundings, following the blue path google maps had highlighted.

he thought as to why minhyuk would want to see him this late at night, he seemed quite urgent and serious over the phone so wonwoo wondered if something was wrong.

as he got closer to the destination, he noticed his surrounding were much more scarier. graffitied walls, knocked over trash bins, small gangs of people cooped up in tight alleyways. suspicious smokes were coming out of the apartment windows above, combining with the atmosphere. some people were laid on the streets, folded cardboard beneath them and a shaggy jacket as their only source of warmth to repel the coldness of the night. unlike the rest of the street, there was a huge mansion-like house at the end of the road, windows lit up from the open lights inside. a car parked in the front driveway that had a number plate wonwoo recognised. is that minhyuk's house?

he looked back at google maps, the red pin hovering over the same area the house a few metres away was. damn, i knew minhyuk would be rich from running la rose noir, but i didn't know he'd be THAT rich.

wonwoo continued walking down that street, reaching the front lawn and walking up the slanted pathway to the front door, knocking and waiting for someone to open it. he heard footsteps approach on the other side, the door swinging open when a woman was in view. "hello," she answered. "are you jeon wonwoo by any chance?"

"i am." wonwoo replied.

"great, master minhyuk is waiting for you in the basement. please follow me." the woman smiled before walking away for wonwoo to follow, her heels clicking on the polished floor as she lead wonwoo to an elevator. she was dressed in a maid's outfit and wonwoo spotted a few chefs in the kitchen when they walked past. the elevator door open and the lady gestured him to go in. wonwoo thanked her kindly, stepping into the elevator and after the doors closed, it instantly without pushing any buttons.

the elevator came to a stop, the glass the doors opening to an open room. wonwoo's jaw dropped. to the right of him were a bunch of car games and motorbike games. to the side was a table with two vr headsets with some games stacked up. to his left were a tables with a variety of food machines. there was a popcorn machine, a mini cotton candy maker, a pick and mix stand with different types of sweets to choose from, a slushy machine and lots more. there was also a drink machine with different fizzy drink logos dislayed on the front to tell you which drinks were available.

what caught wonwoo's eye was the middle back of the room. on the wall was a big flat screen tv, currently with the persona five menu screen. a small, black table was underneath, controllers of different types of consoles were lined up with games scattered around. red and blue bean bags sat in front of the tv.

THIS IS ABSOLUTE HEAVEN! wonwoo stared around in awe, admiring everything that was displayed. he then saw minhyuk slouched in one of the bean bags by the tv, sipping on a drink whilst scrolling through his phone. "minhyuk?" wonwoo called out.

minhyuk turned around when he heard his name, his mouth forming a smile. "hey wonwoo, come sit down." wonwoo walked over, sinking into the comfy bean bag. "what do you think?" minhyuk asked, pointing to their surroundings.

"what do i think? this is legit heaven for me! if this was my place, i'd never have to leave." wonwoo commemted, making minhyuk chuckle. "yeah, this is usually where i go if i want to destress or just have some fun with video games."

"so, why'd you want me to come over?" wonwoo asked, taking a chip from the bowl on the coffee table.

"i know it's kind of sudden and all, and you may be surprised by it." minhyuk muttered, looking at wonwoo.

"it's okay, you can tell me anything and i'll-"

"will you come with me to america?"