CHAPTER THREE

★★★

"And curfew's at midnight, we watch the sun rise

"And curfew's at midnight, we watch the sun rise."

★★★

"Hey, hey, woah, Max!"

Max quite literally tackled Charles as he walked in the front door. They had just got back from their flight from Alabama, and a dog sitter had been keeping Max while they were gone. Needless to say, the dog had missed them.

"Aw, hey, baby!" Lauren grinned as she knelt down and hugged the dog around the neck. The golden retriever licked the side of her face and wiggled his tail, like he couldn't be happier in the world.

Jake had stayed in the States, going to college instead of moving to England with them. He meets up with his family when they come over during the summer, and he tries to travel to visit during Christmas.

"There's my boy! How have you been, Max?"

Thomas, their father, knelt down beside Lauren and laughed alongside her as the dog jumped to him next. To say he was a totally against getting a dog before, it's ironic how much their dad adores Max. 

Charles smiled at his family as he walked back towards his room, throwing his duffel bag of clothes on the floor and face planting on his bed.

"Umph."

Yeah, he was still having a crisis. No matter how much he tries to ignore it, every time Charles tries to look in a mirror, it's unavoidable. He feels like something is wrong, but he has absolutely no clue what.

The guy staring back at him in the mirror wasn't himself, not really.

Great.

★★★

"Alright, honey, you know I love you. Don't talk to strangers, use your manners, and be nice, you hear?", the brunette lady who was turning grey smiled kindly at her son, giving him one last hug before patting the back of his head and letting go.

"Yes, ma'am."

It was that time of the year to say goodbye to freedom and hello to nonstop schoolwork and stress. Fun.

Marie, Thomas, and Lauren were all gathered together near Platform Nine and Three Quarters to bid goodbye to their son.

Thomas, seeing the tears form in his wife's eyes like they did every year, took over, "Keep up with your studies, and make some friends, yeah?"

"And try out for Quimmid this year, I know you'll make it!"

"It's called Quidditch, Lo, and I told you, I'd rather not."

Lauren loved the idea of a sport played on a flying broomstick, but what she really wanted is for Charlie to bring one home so she could fly around on it.