CHAPTER SIX

★★★

"Maybe there's a reason to believe you'll be okay

"Maybe there's a reason to believe you'll be okay."

★★★

Remus was looking sick, and Charlie was beginning to worry.

Let's just face it, Charlie is aware he's the mom friend in their friend group, and he doesn't even try to deny it. He would take care of everyone if he had the option to. It's just how he was raised. So of course he plans to ask Remus is anything is wrong when they bump into each other in the Library.

Remus has his wand tucked behind his ear, his lip pinched between his teeth in concentration as he searches the shelves for the right book. The dark circles under his eyes are more prominent than usual, and his cheeks look extremely sunken in. All in all, the boy looks like he could use a nice meal and some sleep.

The sick boy plops down into a wooden chair beside a table, running his fingers through his dark, messy hair and opening the first book. Charlie vaguely wonders what it would feel like to run his fingers through Remus' hair.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand.

He doesn't think tha—

"Wow, I'm swooning. Charlie, catch me!"

A flash of black hair seizes his vision as Charlie instinctively opens his arms to catch who he eventually finds out is Sirius Black. He was so distracted by Remus that he didn't even notice the boy walk in.

"Wow, see, James? I need someone who will treat me like Charlie here does."

"Always glad to help, Sirius," Charles drawled sarcastically.

"That's exactly what I'm talking about! Here, Charlie, take a seat and help defend me."

Charles gave a light laugh at the boy's antics and took a seat, leaning comfortably back in his chair and crossing his arms.

(Meanwhile, Remus couldn't help but notice the way his arms strain against the shirts fabric when he crosses them that way. Or the way his dimples poke out when he laughs. Huh.)

"James thinks I should take a break from dating for a while, but I say, how will I ever know what I'm truly looking for in a person if I don't experiment a bit?"

"I'm ninety-nine percent sure you have some sort of STD, Sirius. You do realize you can sleep with too many people?" James shot back, "And besides, I'm tired of having to wait outside in the Common Room anytime one of your flings come over."

"Speaking as someone who has never done anything badly in their entire life," Charlie sarcastically began,

"Aren't you failing Charms?" James inquired.

"LIKE I was saying," Charlie stresses, grinning, "Since I am a moral rock, I have to agree with James on this one."

"Traitor!" Sirius gasps, clutching his chest dramatically, "Remmy, do you agree, too?"

Charlie had almost forgotten Remus was sitting besides them (not really, how could he?).

"Sorry, Sirius, I think I just might have to."

"I think I just might hate you all. Maybe not you Charlie, these two have just perverted your opinions, soon you'll see the error of your ways," he drawled, sidling up to Charlie, who was laughing.

"Charlie, you little shit, what'd you do to my robes?"

Andy, the least girly girl in the school, was a vision in pink and she stormed through the library, ignoring Madam Pince's 'Shhh!' as she stomped her way over to him. At least his plant had worked, and all of her robes were currently irreversibly hot pink. 

Call it pay back for the whole 'Boning Remus' ordeal she started. 

"Andy, darling," his accent stuck out, "how can I help you?"

"You little shi—" her hands reaches out and grasped empty space as he was already dashing out the door, swiftly turning the corner in a streak of yellow and black.

James and Sirius gave each other a look (while Remus' eyes were still on the place he used to sit),

"Moral rock my arse!" Sirius guffawed, and continued to argue with James. 

★★★