CHAPTER THIRTEEN

★★★

"Psychopathic, don't be so dramatic

"Psychopathic, don't be so dramatic."

★★★

Christmas had flown in and drifted away, and before the kids could even notice, they were stuck amidst their last months ever at Hogwarts.

It was a bittersweet realization, one that caused Chip to become overly emotional and in slight denial in the Common Room only a few weeks after they had gotten back from break.

"Charlie, we're almost grown up! Do you understand the severity of this situation?" She scolded him, as though this was somehow his fault, all while flipping off a third year who had tried to shush her as she ranted loudly.

Charlie was curled up in the armchair in their Common Room, laughing at the terrified expression on the girl's face. She wasn't the only one that was scared of graduating and venturing out into the real world. Of course they were all scared, why shouldn't they be? Especially with the current state of things, i.e. a psychopathic elitist wizard wreaking havoc on their society.

"Charlie, I'm going to be married soon, and before you know, I'll have kids, and have a job, and then die? Do you understand that? Charlieee," she moaned, flopping beside him on the couch and laying her head down in his lap, 

"I'm so old." Chip resolved, closing her eyes sadly as Charlie began to braid her hair.

"Hey, don't worry too much about it, hun," Charlie soothed, gathering her hair into three separate strands. He knew how she would stress over something constantly if no one was around to stop it, "Besides, as your best friend, I hereby swear that I will be the one to buy you a walking cane and/or put you in a nursing home when the need arises."

Chip just gave a loud groan at that, not even bothering to lift her head as Andy came bouncing into through Common Room door and yelled their names.

"Well, what are you two sitting around for?" She sputtered, arm perched on her hip, eyebrows raised in disbelief, "The game is starting soon!"

Charlie and Chip looked at each other, back at Andy, and started laughing.

"You do know the game starts at 6:00, right? It's currently," Charlie looked at his watch-less wrist for dramatic effect, "4:30."

"Okay, and?" She looked offended that they weren't currently in their seats in the Quidditch pitch. "You've got to leave soon to get good seats, at least."

Everyone always packed out the Gryffindor versus Slytherin Quidditch games, and this was sure to be a good game, considering the two houses were neck and neck for the Cup this year. The game would be interesting, and if nothing else, it would be fun to see what lengths each team would go in order to subtly cheat.

"We'll leave in a minute, Andy," Chip giggled, apparently completely forgetting her early crisis, in true Caitlyn Sherwood fashion. "Besides, shouldn't you be on the pitch already? You're on the team. Won't your captain get his panties in a twist?"