08 - panic

08

"We're having a sleepover tonight in the Room of Requirement." Lily leans across James' table of potions and whispers the phrase as she does.

James feels a stir of excitement at the though of visiting that little secret room again. He's still so thankful that Millie introduced them to it. "Just us two?" He can't help but ask the cheeky question, knowing very well that the answer will be no.

Lily rolls her eyes and chuckles for a brief moment before collecting herself and quickly stifling it. "No. Marlene suggested we all have a little get together after the quidditch game. So you, me, Sirius, Millie, Marlene, Demetria, Benji, Peter, Remus, and Thalia, if Remus asks her."

"Can I invite Mickey?" James blurts our before he can stop himself. He hasn't been able to hang out with the boy lately, especially with all the extra quidditch practice before tonight's game. He'd like to catch up with him.

"Yeah, that's cool," Lily says. "Make sure he knows it's a secret."

"Got it," James says. Then, he smirks and wraps his arm around Lily's shoulders. "You know, I like it when you boss me around." He wriggles his eyebrows in an overly-joking manner.

Lily shoves him away, her face bright red. "You're so annoying, Potter."

"You love me, Evans."

"Whatever."

-

Sirius plummeted face-first into the dirt near the end of the game, so of course the first part of the sleepover is spent making fun of the giant scrape above his eyebrow.

"I could've died!" He moans dramatically, falling back into Millie's embrace. The girl is leaning against the wall, braiding Sirius' hair as he lays between her legs. "All of you are fakes!"

Mickey snorts from his spot between Thalia and Lily. "Sirius, it was like slow motion for us. It was the funniest thing we've seen all year."

James is wrapped in a giant blanket he had smuggled from the dorm. Benji is in a similar position, though he's sharing his own blanket with Demetria. While Demetria is giggling quietly against Benji's shoulder, James seems to be ignoring the Sirius situation altogether, opting instead for staring at Lily.

Mickey notices that Marlene and Remus have decided to study during this time. They're trading potions notes, which Mickey thinks is quite boring to do during a sleepover. But the night is just getting started.

Sirius and Millie begin arguing about whether or not Gryffindor lost because of Sirius' fall or simply because they suck in comparison to Slytherin. Mickey finds himself on Millie's side, mostly because she is the only Slytherin and he is the only Hufflepuff, and they should stick together.