Ghost of you

Hey beautiful (or handsome) readers! It's ya girl with another fanfic! This was inspired by 5SOS, GHOST OF YOU! Yup, it's a sad one. So prepare some tissues! And yes I know the song is about a girl! Nevermind that, let's go!

Here I am waking up,
Still can't sleep by your side,
There's your coffee cup,
The lipstick stain fades with time,
If I could dream long enough,
You tell me I'll be just fine
Yeah, I'll be just fine

(Y/N) woke up to an once a warm and shared bed to an cold and empty one. Her tired eyes blinking and her dried lips parted, her apartment (that once was lively) was now brooding and quiet, neither the warm sheets could bring her back to sleep.

The truth is, the sheets isn't warm. It was cold and even with a warm body like hers, she couldn't keep herself warm. There were no source of heat left in her body to carry to all the depressing and horrible thoughts and empty feelings.

Even though it had been over 4 months, the day Credence left still replayed in her mind when she was awake and plagued her dreams when she wasn't. She should have done something, do anything to stop the MACUSA for attacking him, she would do anything to bring him back.

So I drown it out,
Like I always do,
Dancing through our house,
With the ghost of you.
And I chase it down,
With a shot of truth,
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you

Did (Y/N) regret the decision to not jump in front of Credence, and saving him? Always. But to be honest, she wasn't sure. But she knew that, whatever that she would've done, she still couldn't save him. But she also knew that he would be happy in the afterlife. And somehow, that's want she told herself, to keep going.

Cleaning up today,
Found that old Zeppelin shirt ,
You wore when you ran away,
And no one can't feel your hurt,
We're too young, too dumb,
To know things like love,
But I know better now, better now

Though, that obviously didn't mean she didn't mean she had some bad days, where she wanting him to come back to her. Much like the mug that he liked so much on the dining table, (Y/N) could bear to move any of his things.

His toothbrush still resided in the sink, next to hers. His pillow case remain unchanged and unwashed because it still somehow smelled like him. The poems and songs she wrote on the scrapbook, because it reminded of him to her is still on the bedside table, untouched. The shirt that he loved remain stuffed in the back of her closet, and she wore it sometimes.

So I drown it out,
Like I always do
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you
And I chase it down
With a shot of truth
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you

It was hard to imagine a life with him. It's was hard to live every single day and knowing that he would never come home. (Y/N) didn't know how she did it, but she did.

She kept herself busy with helping Newt taking care of his creatures or Jacob at the bakery and rarely spending time with her family and friends. But she knew they knew she was still hurting - it was obvious everytime they looked at her.

They didn't hear her giggling about something she'd said in the other room. They didn't hear him laughing when (Y/N) tickled him in response to him no laughing on her lame jokes or puns. They also didn't walk into them in wherever they'd snuck off to at gatherings or party's, finding them slow dancing to (Y/N)'s soft singing as he held her close to him.

She wasn't as carefree and happy and reckless as she when she had him.

Too young, too dumb
To know things like love
Too young, too dumb

People who didn't know them used to tell them that they would not last - that the were two reckless kid who didn't know love was or what they wanted yet. But (Y/N) knew they were wrong, because they were meant to be together. (Y/N) knew the only reason that she was foolish and reckless because Credence brought that side of her out. (Y/N) knew that she was in love and knew what she wanted.........

(Y/N) knew what she wanted was Credence and and only him.

So I drown it out
Like I always do
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you
And I chased it down
With a shot of truth
That my feet don't dance
Like they did with you

So that's it, I know you're sad right now are you want something happy and full of fluff. Sorry but the next one is also sad but after the next IS FILLED WITH CUTENESS OVERLOAD AND FULL OF FLUFF THAT WILL MAKE UR 💓 MELT!!!!! Love ya people and see u on the next imagine!!!!!

                                      - Clara Scamander