Idk what to name this 😂

Credence x Reader (Modern AU)

“Hey, Y/n, do you mind closing up for me?” Jamie asked, hanging his apron on the rack.
“Guess not” I mumbled, collecting the money from the cash register with half opened eyes.
I’ve been working since 8 am, after dropping off my siblings to school. My breaks have only been consisting of taking care of my siblings; and my barely existing sleeping schedule .

Ever since my dad had passed away and my mother leaving us, I’ve been working three full time jobs and taking the classes I’m able to afford.
On top of that, I have to pay for the babysitter. She’s like a second mother to them. She’s always there whenever I’m not, and although I’m working more than being home, my siblings know I’m helping them.
I’d never leave them alone.
I’m surprised I’ve been able to make a stable living. Although my house is small with only three bedrooms, I can’t complain. I have enough money to put food and water on our table, and give all three of them an effective education.
Sighing, I placed the money where my manager had directed me to. Rubbing the tired tears away from my eyes, I shifted my gaze to my watch.
10:30 pm. Maybe I’ll be able to get the first good nights sleep within the last week.
Placing my apron on the rack, I turned off all the lights before quickly exiting the diner.
As I was locking the door, my phone began to ring. Sighing, I slid my phone out of my pocket.
“Hello?” I answered, not having any intention on seeing who it was.
“Hello my love” I heard my boyfriend, Credence, say on the other side of the phone.

If one thing could really make me happy after a rough day, it was him.
“Hey Cre, why you calling’?” I yawned, walking across the street.
“I miss you. Do you want to stay over tonight? We can watch American Horror Story. I found a website where they have season three!” He said enthusiastically.
I giggled, shaking my head at how adorable he is. He always gets excited over the tiny things in life. Phone calls like this make me miss him.
“I can’t, Credence.” I frowned, “I just got out of work. I’m walking home now. The babysitter can’t stay the night.”
“Oh.” Credence whispered.
Tears welled up in my eyes. I miss him so much. During times like these, all I want is for him to hold me and sing me to sleep.
“Maybe I can come ov—nevermind. Nevermind. I’m sorry I asked.”
“It’s okay.” I whispered.
“I just really miss you, that’s all.”
“I miss you so much.” I cried softly, a single tear falling from my eye, “so much.”
The line went quiet, his breathing the only evidence he was still there. I closed my eyes lightly, frowning at how distant this relationship was becoming.
I should tell him how bad it really was, being this poor. I never wanted him to pity me, especially since he had a wealthy amount of money. I don’t want him to see me differently.
“I’ll come over tomorrow, yeah? Maybe around 12? I’ll ask for a longer break.”

“It’s okay, Y/n, if you can’t. But I’d love to.”
I smiled, walking up to my driveway while grabbing my house keys.
“I love you.” I said, shoving my keys into the key hole.
“Love you more.” He said, before ending the call.
Slipping my phone in my pocket, I pushed open my door, greeted by the babysitter reading an old book that once stood on my bookshelf.
“Thank you so much for watching them all day. It means everything.” I smiled, tearing her gaze away from the book.
Luke smiled, placing his hand up as a signal for me to stop.
“You don’t have to thank me. If anything, I should thank you. You do so much for these kids, you know? At only eighteen you’re really doing everything you can. It’s inspiring, really. To see someone give up everything for their family. Makes me want to be like you when I have a family.”
Tears started to pile in my eyes. To know that all my hard work isn’t going unnoticed makes me feel so relieved. It reminds me why I do all of this in the first place. My family.

“That means so much to me.” I sobbed, quickly wiping away my stray tears.
I shook my head, smiling up at him while letting out a small giggle.
“I’m sorry. You can head home. Just—thank you so much.”
Leaning forward, Luke gave me a tight hug, rubbing my back as soft as he could.
“You’re amazing. Stay that way, okay? Have a good night.”
“You too.” I smiled, giving my last wave before he walked out the door.
I sighed, heading into my room. I took off my work clothes, immediately replacing them with yoga pants and one of  Credence’s t-shirts that I had stolen from him.
Making my way into the bathroom, I had noticed something was wrong. I heard gagging, loud choking sounds coming from the other side of the door.
With panic, I quickly swung open the door. Calum, my youngest sibling, was hunged over the toilet. Vomit was erupting out of him, his loud sobs raking through his body he was near hysteria.
“Oh my poor Cal.” I whispered.
Kneeling next to him, I started to slowly rub his sweat-covered back. He was shaking, his entire body pale as he went limp into my body.
“Oh my Cal. My lovely Cal.”
I swept his curly hair off of his sweaty forehead, placing a small kiss right on his temple.
While rocking him back and forth, I had realized that I wouldn’t be getting my sleep tonight.