Fate

“Cheer up, (Y/N)! We are almost there!”

You couldn’t believe it. She is willing to do this, like you were a slave. Your care taker, Mrs.Anderson , ran an orphanage. She was quite a strict woman, but you knew that she cared for the children there.

She found you at the age of two, in an abandoned building, alone, crying and starving. She took you in and since then you lived there. It wasn’t her idea that you needed to get married. One of her friends, Mary Lou, who also had an orphanage told her that she had a boy the same age as you. And now that Kate found you at the right age, she decided that you needed a husband. The government made her decision even easier, since she found out that both orphanages will get money. The government help young couples to get married, especially if they live in specific circumstances. And of course you fitted all.

You were disappointed that  Mrs. Anderson was willing to do this despite your opinion, for the money. She tried to reason with you and told you that you will get a little flat and money to live by and in return she will have one less child to feed. She made the whole thing sound so positive, and you couldn’t help but feel disappointed in her.

You didn’t like the idea, not one bit, it wasn’t your decision, you wanted to marry out of love, not for the money. But you had to oblige, you couldn’t say no to the person that sacrificed her whole life and took care of you to the best of her abilities.

What if the guy was rude or a bad person, what if he was abusive or an alcoholic?

All kind of scenarios and questions ran through your brain.

You hated this.

And yet, here you were, walking down the street to meet with the man that you are going to marry. Ms Anderson told you that this meeting is for the last touches on the wedding ceremony, and for you to impress your future husband.

The first meeting with someone if important, especially if you are going to marry them, so you wore your best dress  in one of your nicest dresses, it wasn’t the best but it was all you could afford.

“There is the orphanage, be nice to everyone, you hear me?” she said as you walked closer and closer to the building, you only nodded in response.

When you got in front of the front door Kate knocked and a short haired woman opened the door. She looked like the kind of lady that will push you off the pavement just so she could get to her destination faster. In short, she looked mean. Her eyes met with yours and you introduced yourself. She looked you up and down.

“You will do.” she whispered, hoping no one heard it, but you did. You knew what she meant by that, but you didn’t say anything.

“So, where is he? I can’t wait for (Y/N) to finally meet with him.” said Mrs Anderson and walked into the little house.

It was similar to yours, but it lacked something….the feeling of home. It was just a house, it didn’t feel like a nice place.

You followed the two female and entered something that looked like a living area.

“I-It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Anderson. My name is Credence.” you heard a voice but you couldn’t see him, since you stood right behind Kate. Your heard filled with anxiety, it must be him. you thought.

“Nice to meet you, Credence. This is, (Y/N).” she turned a revealed you. At first you didn’t want to look up. But when you did you didn’t regret it.

It front of you was a tall, good-looking man. He had sharp features, high cheekbones that were stained pink, a jawline that could cut and dark hair, but his eyes…they held something you could easily get lost in.