"I'm here"

Credence didn't really remember for how long he had been living at the Newt's or the Goldstein's apartment, just like you didn't know when you became part of the Scamander family. All you knew was that you loved being there, you loved being part of the family.

Tina had always been your confident, your best friend and also your opponent. You two trained together since you were old enough to begging your training. Ever since, every practice had turned into a competition. You had so much fun teasing her just like she enjoyed defeating you.
Newt wasn't around too often but when he was, he loved spending all the possible time with you. Taking care for the beasts, training, playing board games and, of course, helping Credence.

He had always been the quiet and grumpy one. You used to think he didn't want you around but Queenie explained that it was just how he was. So you decided it would be easier to forget about it and live your life. You tried not to bother him since he was kind of intimidating and you never knew what to say around him. You knew why, you had admitted the crush you had on him a while ago but you forced yourself to hide it. It was easier than rejection.

"Nice shot" you congratulated Credence after watching him practising with his magic

"Thanks" he simply replied as he moved to fetch back the dummies.

"Will you teach me someday?" You asked watching how he got ready to practice again.

"You're good enough with your spells" he said making you roll your eyes.

"I don't want to be good just with that" you replied.

"I'm busy, okay?" He snapped, surprising you with his sudden harsh tone.

"What's your problem?" You asked crossing your arms.

He turned around and looked at you like he was really about to answer your question. His eyes kind of scared you, making you take a step away which made him frown. He sighed and just put the dummies in its place.

"Nothing" he said. "I'm just busy", he added walking by your side without even giving you a second look.

After that moment you didn't see him in the whole day. You asked Tina and apparently he had gone out for a walk or something. It was strange since you had heard him many times saying how much he hated going out. With a sigh, you went to your room, knowing he just left so he didn't have to see you.

You spent the rest of the day in your room, listening to music or reading, or just staring at the ceiling, wondering what on earth you had done to Credence to treat you the way he did. Eventually you ended up falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You didn't know what time it was when you suddenly woke up covered in sweat. You just had an horrible nightmare that had woken you up, feeling so scared and lonely that you didn't dare going back to sleep. Not on your own at least.

Slowly, you got off bed and changed into your pajamas since you had fallen asleep in your regular clothes. Then, quietly so you wouldn't wake anyone up, you left the room and walked to the end of the aisle, where Credence's room was. You didn't know why you were looking for his comfort but, somehow, you felt like seeing him would calm you down.

After knocking a couple of times on his door and receiving no answer you decided to just walk into his room and close the door. It was dark but the moon provided enough light for you to know where you had to go. You spotted Credence completely asleep on his bed and smiled. Maybe this was wrong, maybe he would kick you out but now that you were there, there was no way you were going back to your room where you knew you wouldn't be able to sleep.

"Credence?" You asked climbing on his bed. He moved and groaned but didn't wake up. Biting your lip, you shook his arm, waking him up.

"(Y/N)?" He asked sleepy. You nodded biting your lip. With a sigh, he let his head fall back on the pillow. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I..." You bite your lip, knowing what stupid It was. "I'm sorry to wake you. I... Had a nightmare" you explained.

"Really?" He said looking at you, his eyes brightening in the dark. "You woke me up because you had a nightmare? What are you? Five?"

He rolled over and laid on his side, turning his back to you. If you were honest to yourself, that was the exact reaction you expected but it still wasn't nice.

"You died" you mumbled.

"What?" He asked turning to look at you.

"In my nightmare... You got killed by Grindelwald and no one could save you" you told him. "I... Needed to make sure you're okay" you added before starting to climb off the bed but suddenly your wrist was caught by his big hand.

"Wait...come here" he said pulling your arm.

You looked at him hesitantly but you ended up moving closer to him. He managed to move you so you ended up lying by his side, with your head on his chest, one of his arms around your back and the other hand stroking your hair.

"I'm here okay?" He whispered. You nodded closing your eyes as you felt your fear running away. "And I'm going to be for a very long time" he added making you smile.

"Thank you" you whispered. He kissed your head and squeezed you.

"Tomorrow I will start your training" he said. You raised your head to look at him surprised. "I need someone to protect me if I'm attacked from behind right?"

You smiled widely and hugged him tight, pressing a kiss to his cheek before laying down your head on his chest again.

"Thank you" you said happily.

"You're welcome" he replied. "Now sleep" he added rubbing your back, relaxing you until you fell asleep in Credence's arms.

You had to admit to yourself that it had been a long time since you slept that good. You didn't know what Credence had but when you woke up you felt like you had been sleeping on the clouds, you barely even remembered the nightmare. You turned around in the bed and saw that he was still asleep, an arm stretched out and the other one over his bare stomach. You bite your lip taking in the sight. He was goregous.

"Are you staring at me?" He suddenly asked, almost scaring you.

"Were you awake?" You asked. He chuckled and opened his eyes. Why didn't he smile more often?

"I've been awake for a while now" he admitted. "You're cute when you're sleeping"

A blush was formed in your cheeks due to his words so you forced yourself to look away, making him laugh again, You felt the bed moving and then, his hand was on your face, making you look at him.

"I'm not teasing you, okay? I'm just stating a fact" he shrugged.

"Well thank you" you whispered, still blushing. "Are you still willing to train me?" You asked, afraid that last night's kindness was a product of the tiredness.

"On one condition" he said scooting a bit closer to your face, so your lips were inches away.

"What condition?" You whispered, moving your eyes from his to his mouth alternatively. He smirked and bite his lip.

"That you sleep with me every single night from now on" he said. You opened your eyes widely, definitely not expecting that. "I... I want you here. Always. I loved having you in my arms and...waking up next to you" he confessed. "So...will you?" He asked.

It took you a time to reply since you didn't see this coming at all. You thought you would get along now but you never thought it would escalate so quickly. After a couple of minutes completely lost in his eyes you nodded your head slowly, making his smile grown and the distance between you two disappear when he placed his lips on yours on the sweetest kiss you had ever had.