"I only want you cuddling me"

Credence Barebone x reader (modern AU)

It was late, and the day had been long and exhausting, as it usually was when you had school and a six hour shift on the same day.  You’d woken up at five in the morning to get ready for classes, which started at seven, but the commute was forty-five minutes.  You showered, got dressed, packed up your things, and lazily kissed your half-asleep boyfriend on the cheek before heading out the door.

You ate breakfast in the car, just to save yourself some time.  Classes lasted until four, and luckily you were able to have lunch in between so that you didn’t have to go to work starving.  You didn’t mind the courses you were taking, in fact, some of them you found very interesting, and were always eager to show up for.  You just wished you had more control over your schedule.

After your classes were over, you drove back into town, and made it just in time for your shift at a small local diner there.  Work wasn’t horrible, again, just long, and tiring.  You’d been there for a year now, and were treated and paid well, which you tried to focus on every night you got out later than expected, or a customer acted immaturely.

By the time that you got back home, you considered just sleeping in your car.  At this point, getting up and walking inside to shower before bed seemed like too much to do, and your body was drained.

But you grabbed your backpack and purse and headed in anyways, still wearing your stereotypical looking uniform for work.  A button up blue dress with an apron tied around you.  It was almost eleven, and you were supposed to be home an hour ago, but closing up the diner had taken longer than it needed to.

Dragging your feet up the stairs, you untied the apron and dropped it on your bedroom floor soundlessly.  Not so soundlessly, your boyfriend was passed out on your bed.  You smiled at him, feeling a weight lift from your shoulders as you looked at his messy and sprawled out position in the sheets.

WIth a heart full of love, you finished undressing and took your pajamas into the bathroom for a quick shower.  You didn’t typically like showering in cool water, but it felt so good after working hard all day long.  After dressing into a pair of cotton shorts and one of your boyfriend’s tee shirts, you kept your hair up in a towel to dry and headed back towards your bedroom.

You were ready to crawl into bed, probably waking your boyfriend in the process, but you hoped he would just wrap his arms around you and pull you close and fall asleep again.  Nothing sounded better than being in his hold right now.

Of course, right as you were about to climb into bed, your stomach growled.

Fuck.

You hadn’t eaten dinner, and you knew if you went to bed hungry you’d just be irritated all night and sick in the morning.

So a quick change in plan, you headed downstairs and made leftovers as quickly as you could.  Going to bed full from a meal was always a comfortable feeling, so at least you’d have that.

You ate your meal on the sofa in front of the tv, a blanket draped over your legs as you enjoyed a pointless show and your yummy food.

But you enjoyed it maybe too much, and ended up laying down with your empty plate and fork on the coffee table and the television still on as you passed out there.

Credence found you the next morning, completely knocked out on the living room couch.  It was clear that he wasn’t in the best mood, but he didn’t need to wake you up so soon either.

He made you both breakfast while listening to music on a low volume, and not too long after, felt a small pair of arms encircle his stomach, and a face press into his back.

“Good morning,” You said softly, leaving a kiss where you’d nuzzled against his back.  “Breakfast smells amazing”

“Mhm” Credence just hummed as he flipped a pancake, practically paying no mind to you.  But you still held onto him, if not a little tighter.

“You alright?” You murmured, and he nodded curtly.  When he stepped to the side to check on the eggs, you had to let go of him, which made you frown.

“Never better” He answered dryly.  By now you knew something was off, and you crinkled your brows as you looked at him, his face purposefully expressionless, so you couldn’t read him.

“Cre?” You called, your hand resting on his bicep so he’d give you his attention.  “What’s goin’ on? You seem upset”

“Nothin’ love, don’t worry about it” He’d answered with the same amount of displeasure in his voice.  (y/n) frowned as he plated up the food he’d made for the both of you.

“Credence-”

“You wanna get out the silverware?” He asked before she could question him again, and (y/n) just huffed, obliging and silently setting it out on the table where they usually sat right across from each other.

Credence placed the food and plates on the table, and you both were silent as you picked out what you wanted for breakfast.  You were getting a little bit worried that you’d done something to upset him, and you just wanted him to spit out what was bothering him already.

“So,” Credence finally spoke after eating in silence for a good five minutes.  “You didn’t come cuddle me last night”

You nearly choked, but it came out in a giggle as you shook your head at him.  He’d gotten you all worked up over this?

“That’s what this is about?” You asked him.  He seemed displeased by your laughter, but you didn’t care.  “I fell asleep” You said.

“So? Why didn’t you fall asleep with me?” He asked with a pout on his face.  You giggled again and reached your hand across the table to squeeze his.

“You’re adorable,” You told him.  “But I didn’t mean to sleep on the couch, I was fully planning on coming back upstairs to sleep with you”

“Hope so,” He mumbled, pushing food around his plate.  “I only want you cuddling me”

She smiled happily at him, squeezing his hand again at his whiny words.

“You’re such a dork sometimes,” She told him before taking her empty plate and glass to the sink.  “I love you”

Credence finally grinned, catching her by the waist on her way back to the table.

“I love you too” He told her while she bet down to kiss his cheek.  “No, gimme a real kiss” He whined, and she just shook her head and she caught his chin between her thumb and index finger, tilting his head up so she could lean down and kiss his lips sweetly.

“You gonna be this whiny all day?” (y/n) asked playfully, and he answered by tightening his hold on her.

“You don’t have anywhere to be today, do you?” He asked, and she shook her head, combing her fingers through his hair.

“Nope, just here with you”

“All day” Credence stated, standing up from his seat and lifting you up in his arms.

“What’re you doing?” You asked with a nervous laugh, wrapping your arms around his neck.

“We’re going back to bed to make up for last night” He told you.  He carried you all the way up the stairs and back to the bedroom, where he dropped you on the mattress only to crawl in next to you and pull you right back into his arms.  You smiled into the crook of his neck, wrapping yourself around him and holding him close.

“I’m telling the rest about this” You mumbled.

“About what?”

“About how touch starved and clingy you get” She answered.  Credence made a face, but eventually shrugged and shook his head.

“I don’t care.  As long as you know and don’t let it happen again”

She smiled, pecking his lips, once, and then twice.

“I won’t”

Clearly he needed her cuddles more than she’d originally thought, but it was more than fine by her.