"I'll protect you"

Mentions of Child abuse. Please don't read if it triggers you☹️            

           Credence was on his knees, his hands and back were bleeding. But he didn't care about that, All care about was (Y/N) , who was now getting punished by Mary Lou. Credence and (Y/N) were caught holding hands as they were having dinner earlier. You see, Mary Lou hated (Y/N). Because of her, other children  were managed to escape the household, and to never come back.

         (Y/N) who was the bravest girl Credence ever knew, he adored the way she stood up for the other children and how she managed to sneak in some treats for them without Mary Lou noticing. Sometimes, after Credence got punished by Mary Lou, she would always visit him at midnight, to patch him up. She would also give the children extra porridge with brown sugar every day even though she knew she would get punished. She always put others before herself. And that's what he admire about her.

                      *Flashback*

"Good Morning, Credence." (Y/N) whispered to him as she handed the children their daily porridge. "Good Morning, (Y/N)." He whispered back. She smiled sweetly and gave him his portion of porridge with brown sugar. He reciprocated the gesture and accepted his food. She continued giving out breakfast to the other children, as usual, with extra porridge. "Credence." Mary Lou said. "Yes, M-ma?" He stuttered. " You're handing out the flyers, with (Y/N) and Michael today. And stop with the stuttering, or I'll do something about it." She said, with annoyance in her tone. "Yes , Ma." He said.

                        *Timeskip*

      "Here, let me take it." (Y/N) offered. "But how are we going to hand this out in time?" Michael said. "Who said we're going to hand this out?" She said. "Here, give me yours , Credence." She said to him. "W-what are y-you going to do with t-that?" Credence asked. " We burn and toss them out." She said. "But if we came back early, Ma will get suspicious!" Michael said. "But here's the fun thing, Michael. We get to walk around the streets without her knowing! " Both boys hesitated. " Come on! Don't you explore the streets for the day? " The boys paused for a second, then nodded. "As long as you buy me candy, I know about the money you keep at your room! " (Y/N) smiled. " Sure thing, Michael! What candy do you want?"

                   *End of flashback*

       That was one of his favorite days with (Y/N). Her loving motherly look and smile was unforgettable. Oh, how he wished that he could make her smile like that again. But now he have to watch her suffer by the unforgiving beatings by Mary Lou.

                       *Flashback*

"Credence Barebone! You're such a disgrace! Such horrible manners you have given me! Hand over your belt! Now." Mary Lou scolded. (Y/N), who stood over Credence protectively, said " He would do not such thing, you will not even lay a finger on him. He did nothing wrong!" Mary Lou's face was burning with fury. She marched forward and pushed (Y/N) aside. She took Credence's belt and started beating him with it.

     (Y/N) quickly got up and ran over to Credence and wrapped him up in her arms tightly, shielding him from  Mary Lou's beatings. After Mary Lou finished with her beatings, (Y/N) released Credence from her arms. " Are you okay? Did she hurt you badly?" She asked him. Her (E/C) eyes scanned over his body, searching for serious injuries. When she was sure that he was okay, she said to him, " Wait for me in your room, I'll go take the medical kit." He nodded. Then she stood up, wincing, as the gashes on her back started bleeding heavily now. She helped Credence stand and walked towards the bathroom, where the medical kit was.

        Credence was waiting in his room, when he saw (Y/N). She walked towards him with some gauze, a piece of cloth and some bandages. She sat beside him on his bed. "Come, give me your hands." She said, softly. He moved his hand towards her, letting out a whimper. "I'm going to clean this up, it might sting a little." She said. He nodded, bracing himself. She soaked a part of the cloth with gauze and gently dabbed it against his wounds. He lets out a hiss. Then she wrapped the bandages around his hands and wrists. "There, all done." She whispered.       

She gazed into chocolate brown eyes and placed kisses on his bandaged hands. " Do you need anything else, a glass of water maybe?" She said. "N-no." He stuttered. " You sure?" She asked. He shook his head. She lets out a quiet sigh, then leaned over to kiss his forehead. " Goodnight, Cre." She said, quietly. " What about your back? It's still bleeding...." He quietly said as well. "Don't worry about me, I'll handle it." She said. She then kissed his lips, slowly. He kissed back. Both of them pulled away. "Just tell me if it hurts again, okay?" She said. " Okay, G-goodnight (Y/N). I love you." He said. She tucked him in and whispered "I love you too." Then she sneaked into the hallway, and into her room.

                 *End of flashback*

            Credence's heart breaks a little by little, when (Y/N) lets out a small whimper when the smooth leather of the belt made contact with her blood-covered back. He had enough. He felt the strange energy moving in him, waiting to be released. "S-stop it..." He said, but it wasn't loud enough. Mary Lou continued her merciless assult, (Y/N)'s whimpering turned into small screams, "Stop it." He said louder this time. 

          His body was shaking, black and grey smoke surrounded his pale frame. Mary Lou still didn't listen, instead beated (Y/N) harder. (Y/N) was full-on screaming now. "STOP IT!" He screamed. He was fully transformed into an Obscurus. His mind was filled with rage and pent-up aggression. He felt himself bashing against a human body, he then transformed back to himself. He didn't care about Mary Lou. He immediately ran to (Y/N)'s side. She was heavily injured. He carefully held her in his arms. She was crying and her hands hung loosely around his shoulders. She nuzzled her face against his neck and he kissed her forehead. He wrapped his arms securely around her waist. He whispered softly in her ear, " Don't cry love, she can't hurt you anymore, I'll protect you....."                             

                    "I'll protect you."