1

RED !
Killian screamed in his mind every time someone spoke his un-given name. His name was red, not pink, not yellow, not green, and definitely not blue.

They called him "Blue" because he always wore a black leather bracelet with a blue stone on it.
Since he never talked, they had never learned his name. He could not tell them his name, nor could he tell them that the color of his name was red. For he had done something unspeakable, and now he wouldn't speak.

It has been approximately three years since even a sound came from Killian. His family disappeared, as they where unsatisfied with him. He had no friends and no pets, no one who would even want to be close to him. It wasn't worth the effort.

Killian lived in a small apartment on the east side of town. It had one bedroom, one bathroom, a tiny kitchen, and an even smaller living room. But that was all he needed to live out his lonely little life.
It wasn't that he didn't want people to be close with, he just never sought them out.

For work, he was a mechanic at a mom-and-pop car repair called "Braverman's Repair". This, to Killian, was the color brown.

He made more than he needed to live comfortably, but still chose to live sunken into the backstreets of society.

The boy himself was an odd one. He had thick brunette hair, that fell awkwardly in front of his eyes, which were a medium hazel color. He had a small scar going across his boney nose and his is cheeks were slightly sunken into his face. His smile was lacking, for he rarely used it. His frame was small, in fact, he wouldn't be able to throw a punch from the looks of him.

The last thing a person would notice about Killian, was his clothing. It was very ordinary and put together. He wore lots of thrift store sweaters, and plain slim fit jeans to match. He wore the same pair of  brown suede shoes every day and grey wire-framed glasses over his hazel eyes.

------

I was always quite aware of my surroundings, hyper aware some may say. I subconsciously noticed the odd ticks and behaviors of individuals, including my own, which was a very extensive list of obsessive compulsive ticks.

"Hey, Blue" my manager, Todd, said all too calmly as he walked into the body shop.
I clocked in six minutes prior and already set up underneath a dark red Ford. I liked this truck. The color of it was the the same as my name.

I worked cautiously and slowly on all of the cars I worked on, as to not call attention that something was wrong.

"What's good Blue?" Shawn, Todd's son, slapped the roof of the truck. I slid out from underneath and shrugged.

"Why so blue, Blue?" He asked jokingly. I shrugged again.

I disliked Shawn. I did not have the power in me to hate anyone, but if I did, I would hate him. He was always so amused with himself, even if the words he spoke were not amusing.

I slid back under the truck, and continued to work, but I could still see Shawn leaning against the hood of the car.

Annoying bastard  I thought. If he would just go away, I could focus on my work. I did not need distractions during this project.

Shawn kept talking to me in empty one sided conversation and slowly, I became aggravated.
Sighing, I pushed myself out from under the car and stood up. I could feel the anger rise in my throat. I took a deep breath, and held up a 'one moment' finger to Shawn, who nodded his head, giving me the pardon I needed.

I walked slowly to the restroom in the back of the shop. It was a small musty, one stall room with a grave smell.

I strode over to the mirror above the sink, and looked at my eyes. They had turned ever so slightly green, which was what happened when I got angry. Although, I had been able to avoid becoming angry for the last three years. Recently, the feeling had been coming back in waves and short bursts of unfiltered anger which I already spent hours on end trying to rid myself of.

I squeezed my eyes shut and held in my breath to contain the lingering rage bubbling up inside of me. I could feel the pressure of my forced calmness against my ribs. They convulsed as if they were trying to escape the cage of my skin.
Violently, I shook my head from side to side as I internally screamed.

Then finally, it all stopped. I opened my eyes just in time to see the room starting to wind down from spinning, and I recentralized my vision to my eyes. They were hazel again.

He Didn't Say A Word [bxb]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें