15

Six Months Later

I was numb. Utterly numb. I couldn't feel my own feelings, and I couldn't feel Blaine anymore.
It felt like chewing a piece of gum for too long, or the color scheme of black and white. It is dull and flavorless.

Today was possibly the one that was truly set up for disaster, and it all started with one name... my own.

"Killian" Blaine said slowly. I looked up from the chair I was sitting in to see the sadness in his eyes.

"Blaine, please" I pleaded, knowing what would happen. Honestly, I wasn't sure why I was fighting for him when I didn't have the energy to care.

"It's gotten too bad and I can't deal with it anymore. I can't be the only one you rely on to help you" his tone grew more serious by the second.

"Okay" I calmly said and folded my hands together in my lap. All I wanted to do was sleep.

"Okay? Okay what?" the boy snapped at me.

"Okay, I'm going to be honest. I can't feel for us anymore. I'm numb and I honestly don't care"
I didn't mean for it to sound so harsh, however, it was the truth. Blaine and I together used to be the best thing that ever happened to me. But now, now I just wanted to sleep.

"Fine..." Blaine said and stood up. I watched as he fought to hold his tears back. My own were lost somewhere deep inside of me. I just wanted to go to sleep.

I heard my front door slam shut and I stood up feeling a heavier weight in my chest than when I sat down.
I slowly walked to my bedroom, and still in the days clothes, I collapsed into slumber.

It wasn't until two hours later that there was a knock at my door.
I slowly rose from my slumber. It was six fourty-two pm.

"Hello" I sleepily said as I opened the door to a police officer, and my stomach dropped to my toes.
I felt as my eyes grew wide.

"Are you Killian?" she asked, and I slowly nodded.

"I've been sent to inform you that Griffin Flinn has passed away"

Just then, my brain flipped itself upside down, and the world became black.

-

Waking up, I found myself in my old room.  It was an odd feeling. It still looked the exact same as it did when I left.

"Hey" the familiar voice of my sister, Natasha, said.
I looked at her without saying a word. Her eyes were red as if she had been crying.

"The funeral is today"

-

The entirety of the next week had my head cloudy. I wasn't sure how to feel. So, I opted for sad and let everyone think I was.
My brother, Conrad attended the funeral and reception as well. It was odd to see both of my siblings after it had been about seven years.
I didn't utter a word to them the entire time. Nor to anyone else. I kept to myself and attempted to figure out my own feelings, but they were still numb.

My brother had his jet black hair slicked back and his light blue eyes, took on an almost ice cold feel as he glared at me. I knew he was still mad at me. I knew Natasha and my father were as well.

Natasha had her brunette hair pulled back in a braid that wrapped around the crown of her head. She had eyes to match conrad, but they weren't ice cold. They were sad, and they looked at me like a dog that lost its owner.

"Why are you even here?" Conrad snapped at me as I stood at the back of the reception, not wanting to face my deceased father.
I shrugged my shoulders, and closed my eyes to try and wish my brother away. I didn't have the energy to deal with him. When I opened my eyes again, he was gone. Replaced by my sister.

She stood in front of me in an awkward manner.

"Killian, we missed you" she said and threw her arms around me in a hug. It felt strange, like I wasn't supposed to be in this position.
She sobbed into my body for quite some time before she pulled away, and wiped her eyes.

"Why won't you speak?"

-

Natasha insisted that  she take me back to my lonely apartment. She kept pushing me to speak the whole time we drove in her small sedan, and finally, I felt something; Anger.

"Natasha, do you remember that night that you called me after I got out of the institution?"
The girls eyes grew wide as she attempted to comprehend what I had just said, and that I had just said something.

"Y-yes, I do" She stuttered out.

"Well," anger was rising in my chest, "I stopped speaking for six years, and only spoke when I met someone. However, do you understand what it's like to have your entire family think you killed their mother, and then find out the the person who hated you the most died?" I was speeding through my words quickly as the rage came to the surface.

"No--"

"Of course you don't! He's dead and now that's one less person to hate me!" I yelled, and then once again. Everything went dark.