baby girl

I lay in bed, sobbing silently,  for as I didn't want to wake Colby. I sniffled, as I though about how my ex boyfriend absued me . Colby doesn't know this, of course. I'm too ashamed to tell him.

All of a sudden I hear rustling behind me. I shush myself. I hear Colby say something, but I can't really hear because I'm too drowsy. 

I face towards him and bury my face into his chest. I sob lightly.

"What's wrong baby girl?" He asked in a worried tone.

I don't respond and continue to sob. He then scoops me into his arms and spoons me. He starts to rub my back, and with the other arm he firmly holds onto me.

"Baby please tell me what's wrong."

I wipe away my tears and sigh. I can't tell him, he'll think I'm a worthless human being. I try and think of a response, but I was so drowsy all I managed to get out was ..

"N-nothing.."

He looked down at me. It was pitch black in the room. Even through the darkness I could see his beautiful blue eyes looking at me. He went to go cup my face, but I flinched. He must have noticed because he sat up and have me a confused look.

"S-sorry" I said with a frown.

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong princess."

I couldn't take it anymore. I was hiding a secret from the one I love the most. So, I worked up the courage and told him, every little detail.

When I finished, he proceeded to hug my tightly.

"Baby girl... I would never do that to you, or let that ever happen to you."

I smiled and hugged him back. God,  how did I get so lucky with him?