missing prank

"Hey what's up you guys! Laney back at it with another prank." I said giving a mischevious smile. "Today's prank is on, you guessed it, Mr. Cole Robert Brock." I said giggling. "I have the whole house helping me with this prank, and Jake is behind the camera, so say 'hi' Jake." He flipped the camera towards him and said "hello" in his weird little voice he does. Jake pointed the camera towards me again and I explained that I would go 'missing' after taking the trash out. "And thank god Colby is very protective. If I'm not back in ten minutes, he'll go looking for me." I told the camera. "Wait, seriously?" Jake asked laughing.; "Yea." I nodded. I continued to explain. "So, once Colby can't find me, he'll freak out. Jake will notice something is wrong and 'help' him. And the whole house will be looking for me." I said. "I'll be hiding the crawlspace behind the steps." I told the camera and to Jake. "I'll make sure he doesn't go behind the stairs." Jake told me. I smiled. 

Colby and I were chilling in his room, watching Netflix, when Jake texted me saying it was my turn in the house to take out the trash. "Colby it's my turn to take out the trash, I'll be right back baby." He made a sad expression and told me to be back soon. I nodded as I headed downstairs. I met up with Jake and the house and told them what we were gonna do. 

I got into my hiding spot and waited about eight or so minutes before Colby came downstairs asking about me. "Have you seen Laney?" he asked the roommates. "No, last I saw her, she was taking the trash out, but I thought she came back inside." Jake told him. Colby's face turned pale. "What do you mean, you think?" he said scared. "I could've sworn she came back in, maybe she didn't though." Jake acted worried. Colby told the house to go look for me.  He was tearing the whole house apart. Once he realized I wasn't 'inside' he rushed to the front. Jake was secretly recording on his phone to get the footage. 

At the point, Colby was calling out for me. "Laney! Baby where are you?!" All of a sudden a random scream was heard. I could even hear it from inside. Jake looked at Colby and saw he had tears slipping done his cheek. "Colby we'll find her." He assured him. "Laney! Baby please where are you?!" He yelled again, now fully crying. "Dude, I'm gonna call 911." He said. "Colby it hasn't been twenty-four hours yet, you can't." Jake told him, trying to make him not call the cops. Colby sighed, but he wasn't going to give up on trying.

Colby had decided to call me. Once I saw his name pop up on my screen I gave it a few seconds before I declined the call. He then called again, and I decided to answer it but put it on 'mute'. He was talking worriedly and saying," Laney? Baby where are you? Are you okay? Laney, please talk!" After he said that I hung up. I turned on my phone camera and explained to them what was going on (for the video). 

I then heard the door open, and feet trampling inside. "Dude where could she be?!" Colby screamed in frustration. Jake texted me and told me to come out on the right side of the stairs because he was turned around. I went out and sneakily went behind Colby and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and froze. "Laney where were you?!" He asked relieved and still sad. "I was in here the whole time, and by the way, you just got pranked Colbs!" I yelled.

He looked me dead in the eyes and shook his head. He ran upstairs and a few seconds later I heard his room door slam. I signaled for Jake to cut the camera. 

I ran upstairs and knocked on Colby's door. No answer. I knocked again and said, "Baby can I come in?" No answer, but I hear soft cries coming from inside. I slowly opened the door and shut it behind me. I slowly walked towards him, he was crying on the bed with his head in his hands. "Colby?" I said. He looked up at me. His eyes were red and puffy. I sat down on the bed next to him. "Why would you do that? I actually thought I lost you." He said quietly. "Colby, baby I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you that much." His crying slowed down a bit. I engulfed him in a hug. It took a second for Colby to hug back, but he hugged me really tight. Like he was afraid to let me go. "Never scare me like that again." He said. I nodded and took the time to appreciate the moment I had with Colby. I kissed his forehead and then slowly down to his lips. 

"Never again.." I told him.