the moon

He told me , if something ever happened,  to look at the moon. So, that's what I did.

It was a cold winter night when I had received a phone call from Colby' s mother. It was strange at first , but I had remembered his phone had broke. I answered, but even before I could say 'hello' I was interrupted by his mother frantically saying..

"Please get to the hospital! Colby was hit by a drunk driver and the doctors are saying he might not make it. Hurry!"

I immediately hung up and ran to my car. I drove the 10 minutes to the hospital. Once I got there, I ran to the front desk.

How can I help y-"

"I need to see him! Where is Colby!! Please, I'm begging you, what room is he in?!" I screamed frantically.

I see out of the corner of my eye Colby' s mother. I ran to her and asked where he was. She led me to his room.

What I saw made me drop to the floor. Colby wad lying there, lifeless. His body was pale white, and ice cold.
I picked myself up and ran to his bedside. I cupped his face and kissed his forehead.  He opened his eyes slowly.

"If anything happens.. I just want you to know that I love you with all my  heart. I imagined myself with you for the rest of my life. I had even bought a ring."

He then holds out a small box an placed it in my hand. He looked at me and smiled. I had tears forming in in eyes.

"Keep it on all the time. Promise me you won't take it off."

"I promise.." I said with tears streaming down my face.

"One last thing, make sure to look at the moon. I'll watch over you that way."

And, before I knew it, he was gone. In my free time, which I have alot, I usually spend my time looking at the moon. I always feel safe when I look back at it. I know he is watching over me.

"I love you . . " I whisper.