Bonding

5 months after reconciliation...

'Are you free third week next month?' Wonwoo lifted his head to look at his partner who was now looking at him, somewhat hopeful. Stopping his stir of the soup he was making, the young architect took out his phone to reconfirm his schedule. Currently, with the exception of his report to his company, he had nothing planned. 'Do you wanna go with me to Busan?'

'Busan?'

'There's a doctors' conference for three days...' Wonwoo nodded, considering it. They never been somewhere far away from home, just the two of them. It would always be in groups be it with his friends or with Seokmin and Soonyoung so this was somewhat exciting. 'What... will I do?'

'I have to attend the conference until evening so... I guess, whatever you wanna do?'

'Okay...' So he would be stuck in Busan alone anyway. He likes travelling but he do not like exploring new places by himself. If he were to be stuck in the hotel room the whole day, he would rather stay at home. 'There's dinner party the second day. You can be my plus one. Third day's free and easy. So?'

'You'll be gone the whole day?' The omega asked his partner. He no longer feel the excitement he felt a few minutes ago but felt rather upset since this would be their first time travelling together after their reconciliation five months ago.

'Ermm, only the first day.' Mingyu could see the disappointed look on his omega. He felt bad. Wonwoo don't sulk much right now. He used to, a lot back then especially when he was jealous but not any longer. He matured enough to understand the things that used to upset him six years ago. 'I'll call you in between? Or you can look around the hotel for things we can do together the third day?' He placed his chin on his hand, looking at the soup Wonwoo put on the dining table along with his bowl of rice. Lifting his eyebrows a few times to convince his lover, Mingyu cheered loudly as his omega finally nodded his head.

*****

Wonwoo stared at his phone, tapping his fingers on the bed. Mingyu should be back by now. He spent the whole day walking around the hotel trying to find something fun to do but nothing really caught his attention hence the boredom. He watched a few documentaries on animals and was already at his limit. He needed to play.

Rushing to his feet the moment he heard the door unlock, Wonwoo searched for the plastic bag he put on the bedside table. He took the black swim trunks and ran into the bathroom to change.

'Wonie?'

'Let's go swimming!' Wonwoo grinned, throwing another pair to the tired alpha who stared back at him, taken aback.

'Yah!' The alpha splashed the water as he swam awkwardly to catch his mischievous lover. This was his first time swimming with the man. Wonwoo used to hate playing in the water, he hated how the water reveal the shape his body because it made him feel naked and exposed. It was his trauma talking which was why Mingyu was happy to learn that the omega no longer feel that way. Of course, hearing Wonwoo telling him he felt safe because Mingyu was around made him more than delighted to accompany his omega tonight despite his exhaustion.