Family Addition 3

The additional celebratory chapter from the main fic is now moved to 'Bond'

The silence really amplified the sound of the vibration, Mingyu thought. Normally if he didn't have the phone nearby, he wouldn't even notice it. Come to think of it, where was his phone? He threw it somewhere after that call with Wonwoo. It should still be in the living room where he was right now. Was it from work? He was not on call, so it shouldn't be important but just leaving it unanswered still made him feel uncomfortable.

He was already up and walking around when the buzz stopped. Mingyu closed his eyes again, walking back to the couch to continue sleeping. It was probably nothing important. Nothing was right now.

Bzzz! There it was again. Mingyu wanted to ignore it but the buzzing was long. Someone was calling him. Sighing, still not seeing his phone and not wanting to search for it either, he looked at the clock instead to justify not answering the call. Outside was still dark, he should probably still be sleeping instead of minding about the call. The vibration finally stopped when the lonely alpha took a good look at the clock. It was 3 a.m. Who the hell called him this early in the morning??

'Urghh!!' Mingyu grunted as the vibration started again, really agitated. With his knees on the floor, he finally peek beneath the couch. And there it was, the screen bright as the phone moved around. Grabbing the device, he slid the icon angrily and put it to his ear, sighing his annoyance instead of the normal greeting.

'YAAH KIM MINGYU! Finally!' The other person almost screamed in his ear and Mingyu again, grunted with his eyes closed, not fully awaken. Clicking his tongue from the loud voice, he finally decided to look at the name of the caller.

Fuck. Mr. Jeon.

'What the hell did you say to my son??!' The old man hissed and Mingyu found himself frozen, his thoughts empty. He remembered clearly what he told Wonwoo, but he didn't think his mate would tell his parents. Of course that was the most possible action but still, somehow he hoped that Wonwoo would keep it to himself. Because his Wonwoo keeps a lot to himself, especially their problems. 'Yah! Answer me!'

'I-I told hi-' He stuttered and bit his lower lip, not wanting to repeat the horrible thing he said to his omega. On the other end, he could hear Mrs. Jeon talking, and his father-in-law replying, his voice distance. He could not make up what they were saying but there was a sense of relief as the old beta's tone calmed down. Mingyu found himself holding his breath when the man finally replied, 'Whatever it is, you better get your butt here and fix it. You hear me?'

'I-'

'Or don't ever think about seeing my son again.' Mingyu gulped at the threat. He knew the man had no right nor the authority to do so, but still, he felt really threatened. Weakly agreeing to the request, the alpha realized his heart was beating really violently. Mr. Jeon still had not hang up, as if he was thinking of something else to say to him. The silence was killing him.

'I'm really disappointed in you.'

*****

The fucking door. He hate this fucking door right now. The Jeons' door.