Chapter Five

A few months passed since the incident with Mrs. Norris with, thankfully nothing out of the ordinary happening, though a lot of people tended to give the trio and I a wide birth since then. The Slytherins still had their fun by messing with the trio and I, unfortunately, was still being followed by many of them. During those months I ended up spending most of my time in the library helping Sambiance, who I'm thankful to not thinking I had anything to do with what happened and couldn't believe Snape had suspected me, though I was also there for another reason. I've been trying to find something on the Chamber of Secrets since when the writing on the wall was found I saw all the Professors tense up, but sadly I've found nothing on it. The only other way I could think of getting any information would be from one of the Professors themselves, but I know that's a bad idea. So here I sit in Transfiguration.

"Could I have your attention, please?" McGonagall asked, successfully gaining our attention. "Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals...into water goblets. Like so, one, two, three. Vera Verto," she added, tapping the bird she had sitting on a stand, which caused it to do what she said and earning a few, awe-filled whoa's from some of the others. "Now it's your turn. Who would like to go first? Ah!Mr. Weasley. ''One, two, three, Vera Verto''." Ron nodded before he cast the spell on Scabbers, who was sitting on his books. Thanks, to Ron's broken wand, he ended up turning Scabbers into a furry water goblet with a tail, that inevitably caused everyone in the class to laugh.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley," McGonagall told him before she called on Hermione, who had put her hand up when she started walking away from Ron.

"Professor...I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets."This seemed to catch everyone's attention.

'I apparently am not the only one who's been looking for answers.' McGonagall looked at each of us before she sighed.

"Very well. Well, you all know, of course...that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago, by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw...andSalazar Slytherin. Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Three guesses who," Ron said before McGonagall continued.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept, within all-magic families. In other words, Pure-bloods," she said as I noticed Malfoy look over at Sambiance. "Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secret. Though, shortly before departing, he sealed it, until that time when his own true Heir returned to the school. The Heiralone...would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns," Hermione said, causing McGonagall to nod.

"Well...Naturally, the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found."

"Professor?" I said, causing her to look at me. "What exactly does legend tell us lies within the chamber?" I asked, remembering what I heard the night we found Mrs. Norris.

"The chamber is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home...of a monster." To say that wasn't something I wanted to hear was an understatement, but I had a guess that's what I hear on the other side of the wall was most likely the monster. Once class was over I went with the trio as Sambiance left for the library. She's been spending most of her time reading in there since it's generally the only place that she will be left alone.