Chapter Eight

I left the Slytherin Common Room and literally ran into Ron and Harry since they were using invisibility cloak

I left the Slytherin Common Room and literally ran into Ron and Harry since they were using invisibility cloak. They seemed to have the same idea I did. We ran to Hagrid's hut and knocked. When the door opened we were surprised to see Hagrid holding a crossbow.

"Hello? Hello?" Hagrid said before the three of us came out from underneath the cloak.

"What's that for?" Harry asked, sounding as surprised as I was.

"Oh, nothing. I was expecting...It doesn't matter. Come on in. I just made a pot of tea." When Hagrid was pouring the tea, he was shaking, which made it so the teacup overflowed.

"Hagrid, are you okay?" Harry asked him.

"I'm fine. I'm all right.

'Why do I not believe that,' I thought as Hagrid almost dropped the teapot.

"Did you hear about Hermione?" Harry asked him.

"Oh yeah. I heard about that, all right. As well as the Slytherin girl."

"Hagrid, we have to ask you something," I said before sharing a glance with Ron and Harry. "Do you know who's opened the Chamber of Secrets?"Hagrid sighed.

"What you had to understand about that is–" a knock cut him off, causing Fang to bark. "Quick, under the cloak. Don't say a word. Be quiet, all of ya," he added, pointing over to the fireplace. Once he saw that we were hidden he opened the door.

"Professor Dumbledore, sir."

"Good evening, Hagrid. I wonder, could we...?"

"Of course. Come in. come in," he said, motioning them in. Dumbledore came in with an older gentleman that I recognized.

"That's Dad's boss. Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic," Ron whisper toHarry.

'What is he doing here?'

"Bad business, Hagrid, very bad business. Had to come. Four attacks on Muggle-borns. Things have gone far enough. The Ministry's got to act," Fudge said, causing my eyes to widen.

'They think it was Hagrid!?'

"But I never–You know I never, Professor."

"I want it understood, Cornelius...that Hagrid...has my full confidence."

"Albus, look, Hagrid's record is against him. I've got to take him."

"Take me? Take me where? Not Azkaban prison," Hagrid questioned, raising his voice a little.

"I'm afraid we have no choice, Hagrid," Fudge said as the door opened again.

"Already here, Fudge? Good."

'Why the bloody hell is Lucius here!?' I thought as Fang growled at said person.

"What are you doing here? Get out of my house!" Hagrid said, clearly not happy about his uninvited guest.