Epilogue

A few days passed since those events and besides the fact that someone new took Lockhart's place as Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for the rest of the year. Unfortunately, the attention that I was getting from the Slytherins hasn't really changed besides the few more glares I've been getting from the Purebloods, especially Malfoy since he's now sporting a black eye, that wasn't dark, but dark enough to see. I just reached the platform before the stairs that went to the great hall when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Miss me?" asked a voice I honestly missed hearing.

"More than you know," I replied as the arms let go, allowing me to turn so I could face my now moving friend. "It's good to see you up and about, Sambi."

"I don't think others would agree," she said, motioning to a group of Slytherins.

"When did you care what they thought?" I asked, waving to Hermione, who was coming down the stairs, who waved back with a smile. It's good to see her walking around again.

"Good point," she said with a smile as she looped her arm with mine."Now, can I get an explanation of way Malfoy has a black eye," she asked, causing me to laugh. So I filled her in on what she missed as we sat at the Slytherin table. We ended up watching Hermione run through the great hall to get to Harry, who she hugs and Ron, who had a really awkward moment with her when she went to hug him.

"Something tells me those two are going to end up together," I whispered to Sambiance.

"Definitely." A chime rang through the room, causing us all to look to where the teachers were. Dumbledore stood.

"Before we begin the feast, let us have a round of applause for ProfessorSprout, Madam Pomfrey, whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been petrified." Everyone besides a select few in Slytherin cheered. "Also, in light of the recent events as a school treat, all exams have been canceled."

"Now that is something I know all the Slytherins will cheer about," I said to Sambiance as everyone's cheers grew. "Though I don't think some of the teachers know what to do about it," I added seeing Snape's face.

"Yep." Just then the great hall's doors open to have Hagrid come through.

"Sorry, I'm late."

"A wizard is never late! Nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to," Sambiance whispered, causing me to smile.

"God, I missed you."

"I know," she replied with a smug grin before Hagrid spoke again as he walked down the middle of the room.

"The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol." I chuckled along with a few others.

"Is that the bird that flew into the chip bowl earlier this year?"Sambiance asked.

"Yep." Hagrid walked until he found Harry, Ron, and Hermione, stopping in front of them before he spoke again.

"And I'd just like to say that if it hadn't been for you, Harry, Ron, andHermione," he said before he looked around the room stopping when he found me. "And Cynthia, of course," he added, causing me to smile. "I would uh, still be you-know-where, so I'd just like to say thanks." The four of us exchanged looked before Harry stood from his seat.

"It's not Hogwarts without you, Hagrid," he said before he hugged Hagrid. We all watched until we hear clapping, which was thanks toDumbledore. The other teachers quickly followed before the rest of us did, some even getting up and going to where Hagrid stood.

"The Chamber of Secrets still has me asking many questions, but that may be because I've never stepped into the chamber that Harry had met TomRiddle in. I have no desire to though either. I'll admit though that I will forever be grateful to Harry for saving Ginny as will the entire Weasley Family, but also for killing the basilisk. It gives the future one less threat, at least that is what I hope. I still wonder what Lucius was thinking when he slipped Tom Riddle's diary into Ginny's cauldron though I've learned never to ask a question that you don't want the answer to. Even to this day."