Chapter Six

It's been a few days since Harry was let out the Hospital Wing. Hermione and I have started the Polyjuice Potion and after a small emotional scene with Moaning Myrtle, thanks to Ron, have been able to keep it hidden in the girl's bathroom. Since Colin was petrified many of the Slytherin's have stopped thinking that I was a part of the Mrs.Norris thing, even Snape didn't think I was part of it anymore. I was making my way to Defense Against the Dark Arts with Sambiance, only to run into Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Where're you going?"

"The great hall," Hermione answered. "Apparently class is going to be there today." I raised an eyebrow.

"Hopefully it's not a change of scenery to read his books," I said, causing not only Sambiance but the boys as well to nod. When we got to the great hall I was surprised to see a long platform dead center of the room that had a royal blue cover with the moon cycle in gold.

"Well, that's...new," I said before Sambiance and I walked down to the far end, placing our bags against the wall. Finally, Lockhart walked in, dressed in white and silver with a gold side cloak, along with Snape.

'Wonder why he's here?'

"Gather round! Gather round. Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent," Lockhart called, successfully getting to do as he said as well as making it so he had all of our attention. "In like of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works," he added before he took the side cloak that he was wearing and throwing it to a few upper class-men ladies, who let out a few squeals.

'Unbelievable,' I thought, rolling my eyes.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professors Snape," Lockhart said, causing the said person to walk up onto the platform that he was standing on. "He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you, youngsters, to worry. You'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him. Never fear."

"I think Snape's going to be fine, though we might need a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher," I said as the two Professors readied themselves, causing Sambiance and a few of the other Slytherins that heard me chuckle.

"One. Two. Three."

"Expelliarmus!" Snape called, sending Lockhart flying to the other end of the platform, causing many of the students, mainly the male ones to laugh.

"Do you think he's alright?" I heard Parkinson ask.

"Who cares," I replied, laughing a little. Parkinson glared, which I paid no mind to. Lockhart looked quite stunned as he sat up.

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious what you were going to do. If I had wanted to stop you, it would've been only too easy," Lockhart said as he started back towards Snape.

'Lies.'

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor," Snape said, causing Lockhart to look like a child who was just caught doing something they weren't supposed to do, for a split second before he smiled. I can only imagine the corner of Snape's lips twitching upward a bit in amusement.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape," Lockhart said, turning around, most likely trying to figure out something. "Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?" Harry started moving though Snape spoke before Ron could even take a step.