College Cookout

Yo... Jonathan! Look bro you need to snap out of it. When I told our moms that I would take you under my wing, I didn't mean I would give you my shoulder to cry on all year. Clarence said walking into the living room with a white tank top and ripped jeans on. I only know what you've told me, but the dude messed up, so you made the best decision for you...

Now look, we have this cookout happening and...

Clarence stopped talking and looked at his watch and sighed.

It's happening right now and that means we're late. Bro come on, I'll find you some new dick to lay under. He pauses and Jonathan turns over and looks at him. Clarence shook his head, and says I can't believe I just said that.

They both bust out laughing, and Jonathan stands up from the couch and wipes the dried up tears off his face and smiles. Thank you I needed that laugh, and thank you for being here, it means a lot. And I'll try to not be a Debbie Downer at the cookout.

As for your offer to find me another dick to lay under, I'll pass...

Shrugging his shoulders, Clarence starts walking towards the front door. Alright, I guess I won't tell you Lorenzo been asking about you. But if you want to stay in your parents house moping around instead of being on campus like a normal freshman would, then so be it.

Jonathan got up and rolled his eyes. First of all I'm not moping around. I just... I don't have to explain myself to you. Let's go before we are any more late.

Clarence chuckled and replied, he ain't gone be there though...

"Shut up Clarence!!! Let's go!" Jonathan yelled walking to the car. Clarence laughed and shook his head.

Is Imani and Antwan coming?

Idk I haven't seen them today, or all week. Hell the month...

Why? Clarence asked confused.

Because when I look at them I'm reminded of that trip and him... so I've been avoiding them. I miss them but idk Clarence.. let's just not talk about it.

Cool... well I invited them. Had I known I wouldn't have.

Jonathan started laughing and threw his head back on the headrest.

I'm not taking you back home... Clarence said while driving through traffic.

Clarence please... just be quite, Jonathan said rolling his eyes.

When they arrived at the cookout, people were entering the Alpha house in waves. Clarence's looked over at Jonathan and sighed.

What, Clarence? Jonathan asked annoyed. Clarence licked his lips and shook his head.

Man look, you being in this funk is understandable but your going to have to breath man. I mean damn, you know how many people would kill to come to a party with me as arm candy.

Jonathan rolled his eyes and busted out laughing. Clarence you're so annoying get out the car.

As they entered the party, Jonathan immediately made eye contact with Imani and she gave him a one over glance and turned back to the groups of girls she was talking about. Clarence leaned down into his head and said, "just try to enjoy yourself, iight? And then patted him on the back.

When he walked off Jonathan glanced down at his phone and walked toward the kitchen when he bumped into Lorenzo.

Oh shit.. my ba...  oh hey! He said smiling and Lorenzo smiled back.

What's up homie, I haven't seen you since Clarence and I helped you move your things into your dorm. Which you're never at might I ask.

And how would you know that Lorenzo, Jonathan asked smirking. You keeping tabs on me or something, he said with raised eyebrows.