Back Home

Imani's POV

After talking with Clarence I had to get out of town, so I took the first flight back home to Charlotte.
When I landed my mom was already at the airport waiting for me. When I go inside of the car she looked at me and sighed.

What happened, Imani?
Leaning on the window I mumble nothing. I didn't want to talk about it right now. I just wanted to sulk in my sadness, and possible regret...

As we drove I noticed we weren't going in that direction and I sat up in my seat in looked confused.
My mother looked at me with a smug and kept driving. Did that boy get you pregnant?

What... no! Why would you say that? I asked scared and confused. She stopped at a red light and looked at me. Imani have you forgotten that I was your age once, and that I'm your mother. I'm also pretty smart. So don't play me like I'm stupid. Now you're here, so what the hell are you going to do.

The light changed and she kept driving. Where are you going ma? I asked confused.

I'm taking you to a place I haven't been to in a very long time. When we pulled up she got out the car and I just sat in the car watching her walk to the lake. I decided to get out and I caught up to her and sat next to her on the bench.

This is where I came when I found out I was pregnant with you. I was 23 fresh out of college and scared. I didn't know how to tell your father because he was in his prime. He was working to be drafted in the NFL and I didn't want to mess up his focus. I loved him and I didn't want him to think I was trapping him.

So what happened? You told him and he left you? My mother laughed. No he wasn't that kind of guy back then. He was supportive actually. You aren't the reason your father and I aren't together.

We aren't together because eventually we wanted different things out of life. You're old enough to know, that me and him still love each other. It just ended up how it's supposed to be and it works.

Yeah I'd rather not think about that mom... she laughed and shoved my shoulder. Don't be acting all weird, I should be weirded out, my daughter is pregnant...

I put my head down and sighed. I don't know what to do mama. It's not Clarence's baby.

I know... she said holding my hand. I looked up at her shocked. And she just nodded her head. I told you I was smart Imani. When you came back from Dubai something was different about you and I knew something happened, aside from what happened to all of you. And then you went to New York and you seemed even more different. Just answer me this... whoever it is, do you love them?

I sat there thinking about what she said and it brought me back to the weekend in New York with Prince Fazza...

Flashback

Imani... I'm so glad you decided to come to New York. I've missed your company, Fazza said over the phone. Your driver is going to bring you to the hotel we're staying at and I will be there shortly. I have minor business to tend to, but when I am done I will visit you at your room and we will go for dinner.

I'll see you soon then, I said before hanging up. I arrived to the Ritz and got out and the bellhop readily took my bags and I was escorted to the penthouse. Inside I was greeted by an entire team of people. Seamstress, makeup, hair, housekeeping and even a chef. I stood there floored and a women came up to me and guided me to the master suite. We've been told you have a special evening prepared tonight. And we are excited to help. Please make your self comfortable, a warm bath is being readied for you now. She walked out and closed the door behind her. And I smiled while looking at my surroundings. I saw a note on the dresser and it was from Fazza.