Unexpected Guest

Jonathan's POV

When I got back to my dorm, I looked at the building and shook my head. I literally haven't been here in a long ass time. As I entered the door to the residence hall I saw someone that looked familiar. It was the guy I made eye contact with during orientation. He was hanging with the group of Kappas at the unsung founders memorial. He was finer in person. Luckily he didn't see me because I had been crying.

When I got to my room Antwon wasn't inside and I just sat on my bed looking around, when I got a phone call from an unsaved number I did not expect to get. Against my better judgment I answered and stayed silent.

"Hello?" Samir asked on the other end. I stayed silent trying to figure out what to say next and he revealed that he was outside my dorm. I shook my head because I forgot he knew what dorm I was staying in. "Jonathan..." he said waiting for my response.

"What are you doing here Samir?" I asked looking through the blinds frantically to see if I could spot him outside. "I need to talk to you," he said sounding hurt. "Please..." he added. I huffed and told him I was coming downstairs.

When I got downstairs in the lobby I noticed the same guy sitting down in the common area watching T.V. And I walked passed him to meet Samir. He had his hands in his pockets waiting for me at the door. When I stepped outside he walked towards me and I backed up and hit the building door and it made a sound. Samir's head fell down and I waved my hands up and asked what he was doing here. And I could see his eyes watering and turning red.

"I miss you..." he said. "I regret everything I put you through, and I want you to know that I never wanted to put you in any harms way."

I shooked my head and laughed. "Yeah well you did and there's no wack ass apology that could make up for what you put me and my friends through. I trusted you and it's my fault to be honest. Like what the fuck was I thinking, dealing with your stupid ass?"

"Jonathan..." Samir said in a low tone.

What nigga?! I yelled frustrated. You came here for a reason. So what the fuck is it? I hope your wack ass didn't come here to cry in my face, because you don't deserve my sympathy.

His sad eyes turned into an angry face and he started walking towards me and this time I stood my ground. He was almost chest to chest with me when the guy from earlier came out of no where and pushed me behind him and pushed Samir back.

My eyes got big and I didn't know what was going to happen next. But when he spoke I felt entranced.

"Yo... brother I don't know what the hell is going on, but it's best that you back up. I don't like they way you were coming for my friend," he said walking up on Samir.

Samir was backing up and shaking his head. "Dude with all respect mind your business, we were having a conversation that has nothing to do with you," Samir said eventually stopping and looking at me.

Well if he says he's cool with it then I'll mind my business. The guy said looking at me and I nodded my head. He nodded back and saw a group of people near the dining hall he knew. He walked over there and they started taking. And Samir started walking over to me, "I'm sorry Jonathan, I... I just don't know what to say to make things right with us."

Samir, honestly I don't know either. And by you showing up here honesty scares me. We haven't spoken since that trip and honestly that was probably best. As much as I would like to forgive you, I can't.

He nodded and sat down on a nearby bench. You know I feel like shit everyday. Tee tells me what's going on between you and your friends and I never wanted that. I never wanted any of this to happen. I know there's nothing I can say that will make you look at me or feel differently, but if I could change it all I would.