FDOC

"Everyday of our lives something is happening that impacts our state of living. Why is it important that we has individuals stay abreast on what's happening, not only here in the United States, but around the world?" My global affairs professor asked the 30 person lecture hall.

No one raised there hand or stood up to answer the question so he looked down at his class roster and call on none other then me. "Mr. Brooks, why is it important?"

The entire class turned to look at me and I cursed everyone out in my head. I smiled and stood up and noticed both Quincy and Lorenzo were in my class.

"Well it's important to know and understand what's going on around the world because essentially every decision any country makes affects the United States. For example the U.S. is in the middle of a trade war with China. This said war has caused both countries to be hit by tariffs imposed by the other which impacts our tax dollars, well for a lot of us, our parents tax dollars." When I said that the class laughed, and I smirked and continued on. "International affairs is a huge component in how the U.S. thrives. It's important to stay abreast, because businesses can fail and people could lose jobs. We're currently at risk of a recession because of this trade war, and the stock market is also being impacted. Basically sir, it's the circle of life... that's the best way I can explain it," I said nervously.

He looked at me and nodded and broke down everything I said and continued his lesson. I sat down and sunk into my seat, I hated being put on the spot.

While I was taking notes I noticed Lorenzo looking at me and I smirked and shook my head. Class was eventually dismissed and when I passed the professor he told me good work and I smiled and stepped out of the class and saw Lorenzo waiting for me. I also saw Quincy glancing my way standing with a group of guys. Lorenzo turned around to see what I was looking at but Quincy looked away before he turned around.
Once Lorenzo turned back around with a big grin on his face I just shook my head, laughing and said, "what?"

He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back. He stepped away and grabbed my bag and started walking. I rolled my eyes and he started talking with me falling behind him. "I didn't know you were taking Dr. Primms class," he stated walking pass Quincy and his group of friends. We caught eye contact and I wanted to say something, well thank him for what he did last week but Lorenzo was holding the door waiting for me to come out.

"Yeah well you never asked I said smiling. I also didn't know you were a communications major, I said looking up at him."

He nodded and said the same thing I told him. "You never asked"

Yeah yeah yeah I said laughing. What are you up to for the rest of the day? I asked as we walked through campus.

Taking you out to eat if you're done with classes, he said coyly. I blushed and he winked at me and pulled me in the direction of his car.

As were driving through the city we had small talk and I learned that he wanted to be a politician. I was oddly surprised because he had the body of an athlete and could definitely go pro, at least that's what Clarence said about him.

Wow, that sounds cool. For some reason I thought you wanted to go pro football.

He laughed and shook his head and I said what?! He said nothing and turned the music up and of course Monica, "for you I will" would come on. I rolled my eyes and skipped the song, and he noticed and I honestly appreciated that he didn't say anything about it.

We eventually ended up at this hibachi restaurant and when we got in I spotted Antwan and Imani. We walked over to them, and I crossed my arms and mugged them. "Thanks for inviting me bitches." They rolled their eyes and laughed. We had class together and decided to get lunch, we weren't sure what you were doing and from the looks of it you're busy, Antwan said with a smug on his face. I smirked back and Lorenzo said hey to everyone.