Its Positive

Clarence POV

Imani, I don't know how many times I have to tell you... your attitude has been ridiculous as of late I explained over the phone. And she smacked her teeth.

Clarence you have been pissing me off that's why, every little thing bothers you and it's annoying. Of course my attitude is the way it is because you're sensitive as fuck, she said over the phone.

Oh word, I yelled and she went silent. Alright bet, if that's how you want to play it cool. Just remember you were the one complaining I wasn't showing emotion or opening up, but that's fine because I can show your ass better than I can tell you. I'm out! I said right before hanging up on her. I threw my phone on the couch and Lorenzo looked at me shaking his head before unpausing the game. Eyes glued to the T.V. he asked if I was good and I nodded my head.

I'm cool man, Imani has been tripping ever since she came back to campus after Labor Day weekend. She's been moody as fuck.

Lorenzo pauses the game and I gave him a what the fuck face, and he asked if she was pregnant and I threw a pillow at him.

Bro what kind of question is that, I'm always safe. He shrugged and continued playing the game, while I debated and tried to convince myself that she wasn't pregnant.

Imani POV

Sitting down inside of a restaurant with Antwon and Jonathan I was ready to be honest with my best friends. It's been eating me up inside keeping this secret, and they may be mad at me.

What's wrong with you girl, you look grey in the face... Jonathan said drinking from his glass.

I sighed and put my head down, and they waited for me to get to the point. And I sighed again.

Girl!!! Antwon said annoyed. I rolled my eyes and bit my lip....
Before spitting it out, "I saw the prince Labor Day weekend!"

The table was quite and I looked at both of them and they were looking at me with unreadable expressions. It was awkward so I repeated myself... "I cheated on Clarence with the prince from Dubai..." they kept looking at me with blank expressions and I continued. "We had sex and I think I'm pregnant..."

WHAT?! Jonathan yelled shocking the entire restaurant. And I sunk into my chair. "Imani!" They both said in unison. How did this even happen, Jonathan asked.

He reached out and told me he would be in New York that weekend and that he wanted to see me, and that why I was in New York and I couldn't go to your parents party. One thing led to another and we never left the hotel room. I haven't taken a test but I've been late for 5 days and I'm scared shitless. My period is almost always on a regular schedule.

The waiter brought our check out and the table got quite and Antwon dropped $200 on the table and dragged me out of the booth. We ended up at a pharmacy buying a pregnancy test and I was so nervous.

Dramatic per usual, Jonathan grabbed 5 boxes and we checked out and went back to his parents house near campus.

Once there I peed on 3 out of 5 of the test and we waited. The anticipation was crazy and they were having a silent conversation with themselves before Jonathan asked if the baby could be Clarence's. I told him that it could but we were always careful, and that the prince never used condoms. Jonathan nodded his head and walked upstairs while Antwon waited with me for the results.

Let's check boo, he said rubbing my back. When I went back in the bathroom my heart stopped because all three test said positive. Tears fell from my eyes as I saw my entire life flash before me. The disappointment from my parents, the judgement and life changes. I fell to the floor and started screaming and sobbing, when my best friends huddled around me and hugged me while I sat on the bathroom floor.

What am I going to do, I asked crying and then we heard a knock on the door, and jonathan left to go see who it was.

Jonathan's POV

When I got to the door I saw it was Clarence and I froze in my tracks. What the hell was he doing here. I opened the door and he looked frustrated and he brushed passed me. I rolled my eyes and said, hey to you too. Walking over to him sitting on the couch I asked what he was doing here and he smacked his teeth.

"Man your friend is tripping, REALLY tripping and I need some insight from you because I'm not getting it."

Well... she's here and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to see you, so Clare bear you need to leave. He looked at me with a side eye and smacked his teeth before getting up.

"Imani where the fuck you at," Clarence said and I silently started stomping on the floor as he approached her. As I followed behind him I was so nervous but Imani walked out of the bathroom and appeared to be composed.

I looked at her trying to read if she was scared or not but couldn't tell. I told him you didn't want to see him, but both of y'all are stubborn so he's here.

Imani I need to talk to you... alone, Clarence said looking at me and Antwon.

Umm this is my house... I said as a joke but Clarence looked at me pissed off so I just walked away with Antwon in tow.

While in the kitchen I asked Antwon what she wanted to do and he shrugged. I shook my head at the entire ordeal because it was crazy.

If she's pregnant by the prince that would be....

I know Antwon said face palming his head. Whatever she does decide to do we need to support her.

I agree but damn... I said but got cut off by the sound of the front door closing, and a screaming Clarence in the hallway. Antwon and I got up to see what was going on and Clarence just stood there.

Where's Imani?! I asked nervous, and he just stood there.

CLARENCE!

She left, she went home....

Home as in her dorm room... or home, home. I asked and he looked at me with teary eyes.

She's pregnant, Jonathan... Clarence said with somber in his voice. And she went back home, to Charlotte. What am I going to do? He asked turning to me.

I stood there conflicted, both of these people mean so much to me, but I was stuck at a crossroad. I pulled him into a hug, and told him to take it one step at a time. She'll come around Clare Bear. She's in shock and is handling it in her own way.