Potential

Quincy POV

While at my fraternity meeting we were talking about the possibility of taking new recruits and all I could think about was Jonathan and how I haven't seen him in the residence hall in awhile. I saw his roommate but didn't want to probe him about Jonathan's whereabouts. I'm not that pressed. I sat for a minute and laughed at my self, "not that pressed"... I chuckled out loud and all attention was on me now.

Our polemarch called out to me and asked what was so funny and I shook my head. "Well do you at least have your three recommendations for recruits?" He asked and I nodded my head and started to answer him. And he cut me off and said, " it better not be that jonathan dude... I've been hounded and threatened by the alphas that he is off limits, and one of our frat house rules is to not lay where we eat... you know that."

I stood up, pissed off at this point. First, ain't no damn Alpha going to tell me what the hell im doing. Second no offense but don't worry about where I'm laying. And third, he's not one of them. My recommendations will be at our event later this week.

Frat shook their heads and we continued with the rest of the meeting, and I texted Jonathan to meet me later. He said he'll be at the dorm later tonight.

The last time I saw him was when we got pizza.

I left the frat house and headed back to campus I had an event I had to host for my residents.

The turn out in residents actually surprised me. I didn't expect that many people to be interested in LGBTQ resources. Even some of the rookies on the basketball team were here. As the event progressed, Jonathan, walked in with his roommate Antwan and Lorenzo beside him with his arm over his shoulder. I caught him by surprise because he saw me and brushed Lorenzo off his shoulder and walked onto the elevator. I shook my head and continued my program.

After it was over I decided not to hit Jonathan up and go play ball with my teammates.

Jonathan's POV

Lorenzo left my room on campus after we finished studying and Antwan wasted no time bringing up the fact that Quincy saw us hugged up or whatever.

I shrugged and said I didn't care, besides I'm single. And it's not like I'm having sex with either one of them.

But it did make me feel bad secretly so I texted Quincy to see what's up.

"Hey are you still going to stop by?" I asked in a text, and I never got a text back. It has been over an hour and no reply. I tried to shrug it off but I go on his page and saw that he was playing basketball ball and was posting. For some reason it made me mad that he was posting on Instagram, but not responding to me. So on impulse I got up and went to the basketball court.

When I got there, I watched as he moved on the court and admired his passion and athleticism. His body looked so good and defined.

I sat on the bleachers and watched the game for awhile and he noticed me and gave a head nod. I smirked and waited for him to come over.

Hey... he said at the bottom of the bleachers. With a smile I stood up and walked towards him. Hi...

What are you doing here, he asked and I didn't know what to say exactly. He cleared his throat and I looked at him with sweat glistening on his shoulders and abs. 

Come on, i said. I want to take you somewhere. I said looking at Quincy, his patience was running thin.

Oh yeah and where is that?...
Look Jonathan I get it you have been going through a lot. And as a witness to it all I understand completely but if you wanna...

I interrupted him and pulled him along with me, heading to my car. As I tugged him along he was about to speak and I interjected, do you always have something to say?

He laughed my comment off and pulled my arm to stop us. "Actually I was going to say, I need to drop off this duty phone If you want to go somewhere. I am the RA." I smirked and said, oh yeah I forgot you were on duty. He nodded his head and told me to go pull up the car.

When I pulled up to the residence hall, he came out walking toward me with a unreadable face. It sort of made me nervous, but I had to do this.

When he got into the car, surprisingly he didn't say anything. The entire ride we listened to the radio and some stupid love song came on that reminded me of Samir. I scuffed and changed the station and he looked at me weird, but still he didn't say anything.

When we pulled up to the destination there were no other cars there and I smiled. Great I said and he finally asked, "what's so great" with a smile.

I smiled back and thought he was so handsome. No one else is here so we have the view to ourselves. I parked the car, got out and sat on the hood. He walked over to me with his hands inside of his pockets and just stared at me.

I chuckled and he blushed. He rubbed the back of his neck and asked what we were doing here and I patted the spot next to me on the hood.

"My dad use to bring me here when I was younger whenever we came into town for a basketball game. He was always honest and forthcoming about life and challenged me about what I wanted out it."

So I brought you up here to be honest. I looked at him in he was staring deep into my eyes and it caused me to be relaxed oddly enough. He didn't say anything and I knew he was waiting for me to finish explaining.

So... I know I've been a hard egg to crack, he chuckled and said oh yeah. I rolled my eyes and pushed him, and we laughed together.

But no... I don't want you to think I'm trying to play you because I'm not. It's just I got out of a serious relationship and I don't want to bite more then I can chew right now by committing to someone. But whenever I'm around you I get nervous. You make me feel things I've never felt before. When I'm with you and looking into your eyes and catch you glaring back at me I see myself...

I feel like you see me and it scares me. Whenever I think about it I question if I'm falling into the same cycle as before but then something inside of me tells me it's different. But I'm scared....

Before I could finish he pulled me into a kiss and wrapped his arm around me, and I sunk into his arms and basked in the feeling.

We broke apart and he explained, "I know the feeling because I feel the same way. My instincts tell me to trust it and I think you should too." He said holding me tightly.

Listen there's a lot you don't know about me yet, and I'm not perfect but I really like you Jonathan and I want to enjoy whatever this is. I don't want to promise anything because who knows what lies ahead of us. But I will say this... I will never give up on the idea of us, if you let there be an us. So we can just be friends until you figure out whatever it is you need.

In that moment I didn't know what to say, I wore my heart on my sleeves and spoke honestly, but still felt scared. He let go of me and lifted my chin up and said, we can take it one day at a time, but just know everyday I'll show you I got the potential.

I smirked and sat up, and pulled him into a kiss as the sun set and music played inside of the car.