-C H A P T E R S I X -

~ stay beautiful ❤️~
______

Mackenzie POV;

It have been a whole week since Johnny opened up about his sisters,and ever since we came back that day his been avoiding me like the plague.He'd ignore me in school,he skipped every class that he had with me and he comes home late at night and before I wake up the next morning,he's gone.

I hadn't eaten whole week,my parents were quite busy so they didn't notice,and when they ate with me I'd eat and throw up immediately.I got 6 new cuts this week.3 on my thigh,1 on my wrist and 2 across my stomach.I felt lonely.Johnny wasn't talking to me.Mandlas dad wasn't to well so he took the week off,Eden went to California because her parents have work there and they didn't want her to stay here alone.I only had Deven and still I didn't get to see much of her because she was tutoring someone.

And as I layed awake in my bed that night with Billie Eilish's I love you playing softly all I could think was 'why the fuck did all these things have to happen in the same week'.I sighed.

I got up and walked over to my closet and rummaged at the back of all my clothes until I found my ukulele.I touched it gently.I hadn't played for almost 2 years.

Slowly I sit on my swinging chair at my desk and begin strumming the chords lightly,testing the waters.

Once I feel comfortable,I start singing .

"Maybe,won't you take it back
Say you were tryna make me laugh
And nothing has to change today
You didn't mean to say I love you,
I love you and I don't want to"

I stop and smile.I giggle quietly loving how I feel.i hadn't played in so long I didn't realize how much I missed it,how free it made me feel like I had no worries in the world.

For the rest of the night I don't sleep,I play my ukulele until the sun is up.

~

When my alarm rang,signaling me it was time to wake up for school,I knew I was suppose to regret staying up all night but I didn't.

I jumped into a scorching hot shower and washed my hair.When I was done brushing my teeth I walked over to my closet,a smile on my face.

I hadn't felt this alive in a long time.i was walking on euphoria.

I grabbed a gym tights and an over sized thrasher hoodie.Instead of my usual Doc Martens,I put my yellow vans with a flame on.I typed my hair into a tight high ponytail.Feeling good I put my 'KENZ' adinas necklace that Maddie bought online for my 15th birthday and for once I put earring in my piercings.

I grab my bag and head downstairs,humming a tune.I eat a slice of avocado toast and drink water.
There's no one at home so I'm proud that I made myself food and ate it.

Walking out the door,taking in the sight of the clouds was the first clue that my wonderful started day wasn't going to end so wonderful.Dark,gloomy,and very clear that it was going to storm.i hated,absolutely hated storms.i was shit scared.Normally mom would have told me to stay at home but she wasn't her,she took Maliboo to the vet and I knew she didn't have her phone on her because it was charging in the kitchen.

I made a small prayer and stepped outside,beginning my walk to school.

Once I was on the school premises,I darted inside.i run to my locker,my heart thumping.