The descent

I woke up with a start. Remembering that today was the day. The day Levi and I would make our descent outside the walls to go and collect the rare herbs that I need to acquire for the concoction I was making up.

I heard a loud bang at my door as someone shouted,"Oi! Shitty glasses! It's eight o'clock! You should've been up an hour ago!"

And of course it was Levi. Without a chance of answering he barges in and finds me my Survey Corps uniform with my glasses and leaves.

So I get dressed and meet him outside without even getting a chance to eat breakfast. My horse is already saddled up. I see Levi petting his horse and notice how expressionless he looks.

I don't even realize that I've been staring at him this whole time. He looks at me and says,

"Why are you staring at me? Did you not get breakfast?"

My cheeks flush and I realize what I've been doing. I shake my head.

"Remember? You woke me up with no time to do anything Levi."

I purposely snap my fingers.

He looks at me and says,"Just get on your damn horse."

So I jump on my horse and we make our descent.

After about an hour of riding I realize we haven't said a word to each other. So I started babbling about how titans vary In size. What I like about Levi is he's one of very few people I know who listen to me without default.

We stop and take a break. He brings out a couple of sandwiches and hands me one without looking even looking at me.

After a few minutes of silence I ask Levi,

"What will you do after all of this?"

"What do you mean?"

"After this mission, after we save humanity?"

"you sound pretty confident that this concoction is going to work."

"You're dodging the question. What will you do?"

He sighs,"Truthfully, I have no idea. All my life I've been running away from all my problems. I've never really thought about my future. It actually terrifies me to think about it. After joining the Survey Corps; defeating the titans and saving humanity was all I would think about. I've never thought passed that."

He's never opened up to anyone like that. I take a bite of my sandwich and say,"You..? Levi, I-I," I hesitate.

"Ummmm." I think I was blushing now.

"We should go!"

As always he shows no reaction to what I have said and gets up, packs up everything in an orderly formation.

We jump on our horses and leave.

Okay guys (guys as in like one follower) part three will be out soon!!!