Chapter 1 - A Journey To The Kingdom

Hey there! This is my first story that I've ever posted in my life (not even kidding), so I'm sorry if some things are a little strange or confusing in any of the chapter, but I'm trying my hardest to improve my skills as an writer.

Regardless, I hope you like my story and chose to stay and wait for the updates, I appreciate any positive feedback you may have to give me, but please be nice, I'm really self-conscious about my stories, especially my BL/Yaoi stories, so being able to post my first story let alone it being a BL/Yaoi story is a huge thing for me. So again, I hope you enjoy and like this story and I'm sorry for the short chapter, I promise I'll work on making them longer in the future.

(The picture is how I depict Yu Zhen to look like, and all rights go to the original artist)

Also! I apologize if they're any grammatical incorrections, I edit my own stories so the editing isn't really the best especially since I'm an amateur writer, but I hope you enjoy it regardless of any grammatical errors! (if you find any mistakes let me know so I can fix it and make your reading experience just that bit better.)

Be sure to Vote, Comment and Share this story around if you like it! ♥ ______________________________________________________________________________

The sound of thumping feet echoed in the halls drawing the attention of the General and his wife, when they turned to look who the culprit was, and they were surprised to see their precious daughter.

As she neared her adoring parents her expression grew more and more ecstatic, the General and his wife on the other hand were confused, why would their perfectly brought up child dare ignore one of their many rules, 'no running inside the vicinity of their home'.

"My dear Yu Fen, what is the meaning of all this?" her father, the General of the South, inquired softly with zero trace of malice.

"Father! Mother! I apologize for my negligence to your rules, but I have a good reason for doing so" she puffed out as she finally came to a stop, her mother and father waited patiently to hear their daughter out.

"You see, I bring good news that the emperor has announced that he is looking for an empress! And so I came as fast as I possibly could to tell you." The elderly couple's eyes flashed with many emotions, by now, the previous wrong doing of Yu Fen had long been forgotten.

"By the stars! This is wonderful news!" the General's wife, Yu Hong, exclaimed suddenly. The General, Yu Xinyi, also expressed his joy on the matter "this truly is wonderful news!"

The General then ordered the servants to excuse themselves and told one to go fetch someone for him, he then turned back to his wife and daughter and began conversing with them about the matter.

They were thrilled to hear to news announced by the emperor himself, for this meant that they had a chance to weasel their way into the royal family and gain immense power over anyone and everything.

As well as the chance for their beloved daughter to become the empress, meaning she'd have everything they couldn't give her.

Suddenly another figure walked into the room graciously, he bowed politely to his parents and greeted them "Mother, Father" he then refrained from bowing, "what is it that you needed an audience with me for?" he asked respectively.

They looked to him indifferently, "we have been brought wonderful news by your sister that the emperor is looking for an empress and is going to hold a royal 'competition' of sorts, for all who come from wealthy or noble backgrounds, lucky for us we're both."

The young man's mother filled him in, he nodded his head understanding what the sudden summoning was for "that is indeed good news" he replied, not nearly as excited as the three before him, for you anyway... he thought to himself.