Chapter 11 - Yu Zhen's Explanation

¡Chapter recap¡
His eyes peered ruthlessly at the flat chest belonging to Yu Zhen; as he continued to stare, something in his mind then suddenly clicked.

"You... you're not a female... you're... a male!"
______________________________________________
¡Chapter continue¡

Yu Zhen quickly escaped his slight daze, his eyes widening when he heard what the crown prince of the foreign country – who was just in front of Yu Zhen, had just exclaimed.

Not knowing what to really do in this situation – for he had not planned for anything if something like this ever occurred – Yu Zhen hurriedly reached out a hand in a pitiful attempt to pacify the man just in front of him; using a quiet voice that trembled with uncertainty and fear, Yu Zhen aimed for both the attention and silence of Wei Li. "Shh! Please be quiet your highness, I promise I can explain everything! Just please calm down."

Yu Zhen panicked as he tried to get Wei Li to listen to him.

Seeing Yu Zhen looking so distressed and worried, Wei Li lost the look of utter shell shock and quietened down. He sighed then spoke again, this time in a more calm and evenly minded manner, "alright. Explain."

Yu Zhen retracted his hand and watched as the door behind Wei Li slowly closed, locking everyone else out and them in – even if he wanted to, there was no way for Yu Zhen to escape now. He looked down at his hands that were nestled into his lap and began fiddling with his every individual finger; not even the hem of his outfit was spared.

Yu Zhen sighed and finally began speaking about his whole predicament.

"And that's the reason why I'm doing all of this..." Yu Zhen said after finishing his lengthy explanation, not leaving out even a single bit of information. The room was then filled with a perpetual silence that caused Yu Zhen to become even more panicked than he already was, even so that may seem impossible; Yu Zhen didn't know what to do and was about to speak up again when suddenly Wei Li's voice was raised.

"Haha!" he laughed aloud.

Yu Zhen was completely and utterly shocked, Wei Li was actually laughing? Not reaching for his weapon that was hanging tightly on his waist? Is he that mentally distraught by what I've told him that he's completely lost it? Oh no... I fear I may never get to see the next day at this rate.

Eventually Wei Li's laughter died down, wiping away a tear of joy that had gathered in the corner of his eye; he opened his mouth to speak to Yu Zhen. "That has to be one of the funniest and stupidest predicaments I've ever heard of, and I've seen practically everything that this world has to give!" he boasted loudly – hitting is chest a single time, Yu Zhen's head ached from the all the pride that was being emitted from Wei Li. My, how can someone... how do you even describe... that? Yu Zhen thought to himself as he used his mental hands to gesture to the man in front of him.

"Yeah, so funny..." Yu Zhen laughed half-heartedly. Wei Li looked to him and noticed that he was still nervously fiddling with everything he could get his hands on, he smiled ever slightly to himself then spoke up yet again; his voice radiating with both confidence and nobility.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about your secret – it's safe with me, I promise my position of Crown Prince of the Xiu Kingdom that I'll take this to the grave, not a single soul will know of it, okay? So do stop panicking over nothing." He chuckled to himself happily, "besides, I like you and thought of having you killed truly does break my poor heart" he says with a sad-puppy-face, placing a hand on his heart to emphasis his point.

Yu Zhen stared blankly at Wei Li then sighed. "Oh, I so believe you" he replied, his tone the same as someone who had no interest in a person who was just trying to be annoying on purpose. Wei Li smiled at him then walked forward and sat beside Yu Zhen, "no really, I do like you and so I find that it would be a complete and utter shame to see you die because of a choice that wasn't your own; do you not agree? Or is it that you actually want to die?" he said teasingly, of course he already knew Yu Zhen didn't want to die – he just loved teasing the person beside him.