Chapter 4 - Yu Zhen's Magic Affinity

Hi again! Sorry for not posting in a while I've had assignments due all week plus one next week. (¬_¬)

Anyway~, here it is, the fourth chapter! I hope you enjoy, don't forget to Vote and Comment!

______________________________________________________________________________

Yu Zhen's eyes widened as he felt himself fall backwards after the small collision, he closed his eyes tightly and gritted his teeth in fear as he unconsciously accepted his fate. Although Yu Zhen expected to fall back onto the stairs, however that didn't happen, to his surprise he didn't fall back any more than he already had, instead, two hands snaked around his slim waist on either side and held him in place.

Yu Zhen didn't know what to do except to cling onto whatever, or whoever it was that was stopping him from falling, so he extended his arms and wrapped them tightly around a rather masculine torso, clutching the person's robes firmly with his shaking hands. He then buried his face in the others chest and held on as if his life depended on it, well, technically it did.

Tai Xiang looked down at Yu Zhen with many emotions running through his mind, anger, confusion, curiosity even worry. Da Shun on the other hand had immediately pulled out a random scroll and brush from out of nowhere and swiftly painted the scene in front of him, just for memory sake he smiled, and bribery of course he added. As Da Shun finished painting, he moved his attention to his friend and focused on Tai Xiang's face and had to place a hand over his mouth to stifle his laughter.

Oh god he snickered, Yu Zhen, I think you broke him he chuckled from behind his hand, Da Shun's face was now turning bright red as tears of laughter bubbled up in the corner of his eyes.

Yu Zhen's body was shivering slightly from the fear of falling onto the stairs, after all, if he did actually fall back, Yu Zhen would end up seriously injuring himself or in the worst case scenario... even dying from the impact of the fall taking considering how weak Yu Zhen's body is, though being held the way he was made him feel slightly reassured, slightly. "Sorry" he apologized quietly, grasping the robe that was his hands tighter. But by the time realized what he was doing, a deep and velvety voice from above him spoke lowly, "...are you okay?" Yu Zhen froze completely, this voice...please tell me it's not... he inwardly prayed. "...Miss Yu Zhen? Are you okay" he asked again, this time a tad of irritation was added startling Yu Zhen slightly, he instantly withdrew from the person and looked at him with wide eyes of shock.

Oh come on! Why him of all people I could have run into, couldn't you have given me a break? Or are the heavens really that against me! Yu Zhen sighed to himself in agitation.

He stumbled slightly on the stairs but quickly regained his balance and then proceeded to bow politely to the emperor, "this humble one is extremely sorry my emperor, I have done you wrong by being so intimate with you, I assure you it was not my intention. However, this humble one recognises her sins and deserves punishment..." he said somberly, yet truthfully. For anyone who wasn't a royal consort or concubine is forbidden to be in such close proximity of the emperor, let alone to embrace his royal highness. The punishment varied on the situation but more or less, they led to the same thing.

Death.

Yu Zhen was trembling at the thought of being killed off because of his stupidity, I wonder if mother and father would even care... he sighed sadly at thought.

The emperor looked at Yu Zhen closely, watching for any indication he could have embraced him like that with the intent to harm him, however Yu Zhen did not seem to be the type to kill someone in Tai Xiang's eyes, nor did it seem like Yu Zhen would be able to anyway. He knew by just looking at that grinning face from a couple hours ago that Yu Zhen was slightly different from the other 'competitors', not to mention that Yu Zhen had fascinated Tai Xiang by his strong show of resilience and courage, not to mention that somewhat familiar red-blue aura...and those strange children as well...