Chapter 56- Gohan vs Cell?!

"I'm sorry, I may have misheard what Kakarott said, did he just...forfeit?!" Sibella exclaimed in rage.
"Before today I didn't know if I had the strength to beat you, but now I know that I don't" Goku admitted.

Everyone was gobsmacked at the words of their supposed hero.

"Cell must have knocked his screws loose" Yamcha cried.
"Surely, you're joking, you can't just give up and expect to walk away!" Cell screamed.
"I hate to admit it but he's right, what is that clown thinking?!" Sibella whispered in hush tones.
"I have no idea what's going on in his head" Trunks responded.
"Fine, you may quit if you wish, but if there is no one left to fight me then I'm going to reduce this entire planet to rubble" Cell announced.
"Not so fast Cell, I may be giving up, but that doesn't mean there isn't anyone else who can fight you, there is still one more person for you to fight" Goku responded.
"You're not serious, one of them?"" Cell scoffed.

Cell then glanced over at the other fighters on the ledge.

"Who, Trunks, Piccolo, Vegeta- or maybe the girl?" Cell listed.
"Not that I wouldn't give it a go, but who could he be talking about?" Sibella pondered.
"So, you don't mind if I pick who gets to fight next do you?" Goku asked.
"You actually intend to go through with this?" Cell asked back.
"You'll understand soon enough, the person I'm about to name is a lot stronger than I am- if you liked fighting me, you'll love the next challenge better. But you may not feel that way about it after he beats you" Goku boasted.
"You seem to be all too confident, well for your sake I hope this is not going to be a disappointment or bad decision on your part- so where is this challenger?" Cell asked.

With a big confident smile on his face, he raised his right arm and pointed his finger, right, at Gohan.

"Seriously?" Sibella whispered.

Everyone was in rather great surprise at his choice, even Gohan was taken back, immediately his face became nervous, he seemed to doubt that he was able to do this.
Goku then flew up to the ledge and turned to Gohan.

"You can do it right?" he asked.
"You want me to fight Cell?" Gohan questioned.
"If Gohan fights with Cell he's going to die!" Piccolo yelled
"Don't you realise he's been keeping up with the rest of us since he was a little boy, when I was his age I wasn't half as strong as he is"
"Kakarott I think Cell knocked you for one" Sibella scoffed.
"I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think Gohan could win" Goku expressed.

He bent down to his son and rested his hands on his shoulders...it became apparent that Gohan may just have the power to do this, as during his father's fight he was able to keep up on the match and it didn't make him feel that concerned about it.

"Alright dad, I'll do it" Gohan said with a smile.
"Hmm, I'm impressed" Sibella commented.

Gohan removed his weighted armour and flew down to the lower ground and looked up at Cell, his expression still and serious.

"This should be interesting" Sibella added.
"Krillin, still got one of those Senzu beans, let me have one" Goku asked.
"Oh sure" Krillin agreed, he then pulled one out and handed it to Goku.
"Hey Cell, catch" Goku called out.
"What the hell Kakarott?!" Sibella screamed.

Cell caught the bean.

"I think you're gonna need it, he's worn out right now. It wouldn't be fair if Gohan didn't fight him at full strength" Goku expressed.
"Cell may not have killed you but I will!" Sibella yelled and attempted to attack Goku but Trunks had to hold her back.
"Let me go, this idiot will doom us all- Gohan wouldn't have to put much effort in and this could have been resolved quickly!" Sibella yelled.
"Hun, calm down" Trunks tried to hush her.
"Calm, calm is when we're all dead, then we'll all be at peace!" Sibella rebuffed.
"Sibella come on now, I have full faith in my son. He can beat Cell, unless you don't agree?" Goku asked her.

Sibella broke free from Trunks and walked straight up to Goku's face.

"I believe in the kid, I just don't think you should have been the one to make all these unnecessary decisions, if anything goes wrong, it's on your head" Sibella warned him and turned her back, but a spit second she punched him in the gut and walked away to sit on the ledge in silence.

Kakarott gasped as he bent over with that same smile on his face.
Without hesitation Cell ate the bean and was once again at full power and wasting no time in increasing his energy.

"So child, are you ready?" Cell asked.

Gohan said nothing and began powering up.
Everyone was in awe at the energy emitting from the young boy, all but Goku.

"Let's see what you can do kid" Sibella whispered.

Cell then landed behind Gohan and the pair stood to face each other, he then followed up testing Gohan's combat as they pair went at it hand to hand once more.

"I know you can do it!" Goku yelled.

They both then took the combat to the sky, and Gohan was holding his own, his speed was amazing, and barely got hit...until Cell managed to grab him and began treating him like a punching bag.

"Goku, you've gotta help him before it's too late" Krillin urged.

Sibella clenched her fists together as Cell forcefully kicked Gohan right down into the ground.
But the young boy pushed himself off the ground with not even a wince of pain, it was impressive.

"Well, well" she trailed off.

Goku seemed have complete faith in his son, things were going to get interesting now...but hopefully the kid was able to muster all the strength he needed to take this monster down.