Chapter 20: What Decision?

Naruto just kissed Hinata goodbye for her mission. After that went the Hokages office. Minato asked him to come see today he had something important to him.

Naruto arrives in his father's offices to see him on top his paper work. 

"Father?" 

Minato shoots up awake. Looking around to see he is in his office and see's Naruto standing in front of him. He quickly realizes that he needed to talk to Naruto.

"Sorry, I didn't realized I fell asleep." Minato said wiping his eyes

"I can see that. So what did you need to talk to me about?" 

"Naruto, we are running low on ninja. Ninja is not coming back from missions and I do not know why." Minato told him straight

"So he doesn't know. It got to be someone apart of the council." Naruto thought 

"So what does that mean?" Naruto asked

"It means that you, Naruko, Sasuke, and Tsunade will not be able to leave the village. We need as many you 4 to stay here in case of attack." Minato said regretfully. "Aside from me and Tsunade, you are the strongest person in the village and I need at least you to stay here. You won't be a mission for a month. And with the Akatsuki not being active for 2 years, scares so I need you here to protect everyone." Minato confirmed

"Ok, dad." Naruto sighed in defeat. "I've been needing a break anyway." 

"I bet. You continuously do missions and don't take breaks." Minato chuckled

"You're dismissed."

Naruto leaved the building with a lot on his mind. How could the Hokage not know why ninja aren't coming back from his missions. And I can't go on a mission for a month.

"Oh well, it's been awhile since I've had a good training session." Naruto said looking on the good side and started going to the training spot he used as a kid.

Naruto got to the area and put 2 fingers together into a cross.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu." 

50 clones of himself were all around Naruto. The real Naruto took off his hoodie and his shirt. He had a well defined body. He still had the scar across his chest and still the tattoo on his back. He also started unwrapping the bandages around his arms. Underneath the bandages, both arms he had a tattoo of a fox kanji with a circle around it on his fore arms. 9 black lines started coming out of the circle and started spreading around his arms. They looked like tails. The tattoo's on his arms and on his back started to glow red and he activated his demon eyes, but didn't use his cloak.

"Ok, all of you versus me." Naruto said while getting into his battle stance.

Naruto then began taking down all of the clones. When took down all of the clones, all of there memories poured into his head. And he now learned where all of his weak spots are. Just before he could do another session, a vortex appeared and a man came out of the vortex.

"Long time no see." Naruto said looking at the man with his arms crossed. Naruto examined the man. He wore a orange swirled mask and wore an Akatsuki cloak.

 "Your apart the Akatsuki." Naruto stated

"Indeed, I am. I have come to tell you the decision you will make is coming very, very soon."

Naruto picked up a roll of bandages and started rapping his hands and arms up.

"So, how do you know that this decision will come?" Naruto asked while putting the bandages on.

"I predict that it will happen. Seeing how you deal with things, its going to happen no matter what." Madara confirmed

"Is there another reason why you risked coming here." Naruto asked

"Yes, if you need me just go to a forest outside of the village, east." Madara told him and the vortex appeared and he disappeared into the vortex.

"Man, he's cryptic." Naruto concluded and went back to training.

What neither of them knew there was someone watching and listening to the whole thing. It was Shikamaru Nara and heard everything and instantly ran off to think of what he just heard.

Shikamaru was walking around the village thinking everything through, until he ran into Ino, Sakura, Tenten, Choji, Lee, and Sasuke. 

"Hi Shikamaru." Ino waved 

"Hi guys." Shikamaru said looking down

"You ok, you look like you got a lot on your mind." Sakura asked worriedly

"Follow me, I got to tell you all something." He waved at them to follow

They were all now in a area were no one would know and hear what he has to say.

"What did you want to tell?" Sasuke asked

"Naruto might be betraying." Shikamaru said with his arms crossed

While Shikamaru was explaining everything to his friends, Hinata and her were at a stand still with a mysterious enemy.

"Why does Akatsuki care about our mission, masked man?" Hinata demanded

"They don't, we just need to push your boyfriend a little further to his decision." 

"You stay away from him." Hinata charged at the masked man

(Can any of you guess what the decision is going to be?)