Chapter 30: Broken Heart

Tsunade was currently healing both Mito and Sasuke. Tsunade was currently trying to extract the poison out of the two. While she was doing that Jiraiya came to her side.

"Are they alright?" Jiraiya

"They'll be fine. The poison in them, can easily be extracted. We just need to get them back to the village. How are the toads?" Tsunade asked.

"I sent them back to Mt. Byokou, they be ok." Jiraiya assured.

"What about Orochimaru?"

"He's dead."

"So there mission was to kill him, not me."

Jiraiya looked at the sky and an image of Naruto blank, emotionless face popped up in his head. Jiraiya flinched at the thought.

"Just the thought of him scares me. To think he single handedly took us down." Jiraiya said with an impressed tone.

Tsunade kept quiet.

"He said his soul is merged with Kyuubi, I wonder what happened to him?" Jiraiya said curiously.

Tsunade picked up Mito and got ready to leave. Jiraiya threw Sauce over his shoulder and they both left the area.

While they heading back to the village, Tsunade was still about what Naruto told her.

*Flashback*

Naruto picked up Tsunade by her neck and leaned into her ear and whispered something only she could hear.

"I am will not hesitate to kill other Leaf nin and I will not hesitate to kill you or Jiraiya next time we meet. But I will never kill any of my family members." Naruto whispered.

"If anything happens Mom, Naruko, or Mito. And if Mito doesn't survive from this battle. I will destroy the Hidden Leaf Village."

Naruto then threw her towards Mito.

*End Flashback*

Tsunade was thinking about Naruto. Was there a reason to why Naruto killed the Hokage, council, and Danzo? What is he planning next? Would he really destroy the Leaf, he has the power to do it. If he did have a reason, why join the Akatsuki?

Only one person could actually know the answer. The closest person Naruto ever knew, besides Mito.

Naruko.

She was going ask her at her home.

"Tsunade are you ok?" Jiraiya asked, noticing how she hasn't said a word.

Tsunade snapped out of her thoughts. "Yea, I'm fine. I was just thinking."

Jiraiya didn't believe but decided not to push it.

*Naruto and Fu*

Naruto and Fu were almost at the Akatsuki Base to report there mission.

Fu was thinking about Naruto. He just took down the Legendary Sannin and it looked like he could still fight. And she was trying he best not to stare him because he wasn't wearing a shirt and he looked amazing without a shirt. She took a peak and noticed something around his neck, that wasn't there before. It was a necklace.

"Naruto, was that red haired girl really your sister?" Fu asked worriedly.

"Yes."

"Do you care if she dies?"

Naruto then stopped on a branch and Fu stopped with him. Naruto was staring at Fu.

"What are getting at Fu?" Naruto said seriously.

"Ah ha, you do care." Fu rejoiced. "I was trying to see if you cared about your sister." Fu smugly admitted.

Naruto didn't say anything. But he kicked himself for falling for Fu's trick.

"What's your actual story. The story you told me, Itachi, and Kisame was why you became a missing nin." Fu asked.

Naruto looked away from her. "There's nothing to tell." Naruto said in a sad tone.

Fu tilted her head in confusion. She never heard Naruto talk like that, he always seemed to tuff. She never thought Naruto would ever talk like this. Fu then heard Naruto sniffle and saw a tear drop. Fu put her hand on his shoulder.

"Are you ok, Naruto." Fu asked

Naruto turned his around to Fu. Fu was surprised to see tears in Naruto's eyes, but he wasn't fully crying. Fu knew what was bothering him.

"Naruto, you can tell me about your past." Fu assured him.

Naruto instantly turned around.

"I said theres nothing to tell." Naruto jumped to the trees.

"I will help you Naruto. I promise."

*Back at the Leaf Village*

Tsunade was in her office waiting for news. Jiraiya was out doing "research." Mito and Sasuke was in the hospital unconscious, the poison was extracted so they will be ok.

*Knock, knock*

"Come in."

"Lady Hokage, Mito is awake."

Tsunade left the building threw a window and went to the hospital.

When she got to the hospital she raced to Mitos room. When she got there she saw Kakashi, Naruko, and Kushina sitting down inside the room. She looked Mito and went to check on her.

"Are you feeling ok?"

Mito didn't answer.

"Do you remember anything that happened during our mission?"

Mito nodded. "I remember everything." Mito said with a blank expression.

"Naruto..."

Everything turned there heads towards her.

"Naruto really doesn't care about me." Mito lowering her head. "I thought I could talk to him, but instead he went crazy and left us for dead."

Tsunade and Naruko both bit there lip. They both knew not to say anything.

"Naruko, I need to talk to you." Tsunade while taking a step outside. Naruko followed.

Naruko shut the door and turned to Tsunade.

"Why do know about Naruto?"

Naruko flinched. "What are you talking about."

"If anything happened to your family, he said he would destroy the village. So obviously, he still cares about you all. And knowing him he would tell the only person that defended him from the bullies." Tsunade said with her arms crossed looking down on Naruko.

Naruko sighed in defeat. She didn't want to argue with someone like Tsunade.

"Meet me at the training grounds in an hour and I'll tell you everything I know. Alone." Naruko said while walking back into Mitos room.

Mito still had her head down.

"Mito, what's wrong?" Kushina asked moving closer to her daughter.

Mito then hugged her mother tightly and started crying. Kushina was surprised, she had never seen Mito cry before. She was always a bundle of joy.

"Why Mom? Why does Big Brother hate us? He killed Dad and he left me for dead. We all cared about him, but he doesn't care about us. Why, why does he hate us?" Mito cried out.

Kushina was taken back from Mitos cries. She really cared about him.

Kushina hugged Mito.

"I'm sorry Mito. I wish I knew why." Kushina sadly told her daughter.

Mito was truly the only person that truly believed Naruto still cared. But now she lost the will to believe that.

"I will find out the truth."