Chapter 34: Unlocked

Mito was sitting down against a tree. She was in the middle of a training session with Sasuke.

Mito was trying to take down Sasuke using everything but taijutsu and fuinjutsu. She was already highly skilled taijutsu and fuinjutsu, so Sasuke was training her to be better at ninjutsu.

So she was pretty tired from using so much chakra.

While Mito was taking a break, Sasuke was patiently standing in front of her, looking off into the forest.

"Sasuke-Sensei?" Mito broke the silence.

Sasuke turned his attention to his student, showing he was listening.

"Can you tell about the sharingan?" Mito curiously asked.

"Why?" Sasuke cautiously asked.

"I've just been curious." Mito confirmed, then continued. "I hear a lot of things about the sharingan, so I guess I might as well ask someone with the sharingan."

Sasuke didn't show any emotion but decided to tell her. "The sharingan can do many things, some things you're just gonna wait and see."

"Can you tell me the things that I can see?" Mito hopefully asked.

Sasuke looked up in the sky, like he was thinking about the question Mito asked. Sasuke then looked at Mito and nodded. "What do you want to know?"

Mito smiled. "What was that purple rib cage thing, when we were fighting that dust lady?"

"That was the susanoo. It's basically a giant humanoid that I can control. All I did was summon the ribs. You can only do this by obtaining the Mangekyou Sharingan." Sasuke explained.

Mito tilted her head. Sasuke said that like it was extremely hard to the Mangekyou Sharingan. "You say that like it was difficult to obtain."

Sasuke sighed. "To obtain all levels of the sharingan, the user must go through extreme emotion."

Mito knew it was none of her business but she was really curious. "What did you have to go through to obtain that power?" She nervously asked.

Memories started going through Sasuke's head.

*Flashback*

Sasuke was leaving the village to go meet up with Orochimaru.

After seeing Naruto improve so fast. And finding out how many missions he has done. He felt like he wasn't progressing fast enough, so he left to go train with the snake sannin.

While Sasuke was running, he was being followed by the Third Hokage and his ANBU team.

The plan was to meet up with a team Orochimaru sent and escape using a secret route.

But none of that happened.

Sasuke was cut off because the Third's ANBU had caught up to him.

"Damn it." Sasuke cursed.

An ANBU with a bird mask stepped up. "Sasuke Uchiha, you have been ordered by Lord Third to return to the village." Bird said.

Sasuke got into a fighting stance.

Then every ANBU surrounding Sasuke fell to the ground. Sasuke was confused about why they just fell to the ground.

Orochimaru then appeared behind Sasuke. "Hello child."

Sasuke jumped in surprise. He turned around and got a good look at the snake. "Orochimaru?" He said like it was a question.

The snake nodded. "Formalities will have to wait. Someone is coming."