slithering

Hope flowed through zipper’s body as he walked with his group. Twilight surged through the sky as it was almost dark. Soon they spotted woodland resting by a tree stump. “Woodland!” Zipper cheered running to the brown bear. “Eh.” The bear groaned.” Oh hey how did it go.” “We got the artifact now we must return home may you take us across the river again?” Spencer whispered. “Of course. “The grizzly muttered bending down so the opossums can climb on.

Woodland walked with the opossums on his back as the moon started rising into the sky. The full moon made the brightness of their fur shimmer. Then voices started to emerge from the silence. “Oh no Bonfire.” Spencer spoke turning his head behind him. He was right Bonfire and his group of opossum tackled the bear which made him yowl loudly. Zipper,Weed,and Spencer fell off of Woodland and onto the hard ground. “Say your prayers you thieves.” Bonfire said pointing his dagger in front of them.

Woodland stood back up and growled loudly at them. The rest of Bonfire gang ran into the trees disappearing once more. “Argh you idiots.” Bonfire murmured. “You have stolen from us first you pig!” Zipper grumbled. “So?” Bonfire grumbled. “So we steal it back.” Weed scolded. Bonfire was yelling a bunch of words and Zipper watch something wrap bonfire up squeezing him tightly. The scale like slender thing choked bonfire as he rasped for air then the sinister creature emerged from the bushes. “Oh dear looks like your in a bad situation.” The snake chuckled. It squeezed tighter. “What I can’t hear you?” The snake mocked. She squeezed tighter.

Zipper could not believe what he was watching he flinched as soon as the snaked squeeze Bonfire enough til his eyes popped right out of their sockets. Blood poured from his mouth was the snake let go of Bonfire’s corpse. “Yuck.” Weed blurted out. “I know.” The snake prodded at the opossum.” But that opossum ruined my life.” The snake continued. “What did he do snake.” Zipper asked. “You may call me Caroline.” The snake whispered.”He got rid of my family by raiding the snake rocks I was the only survivor.” “Oh man I’m sorry.” Zipper said walking up to Caroline patting her back. “Speaking of secrets Spencer you have some explaining to do.” Weed said turning to Spencer who was already on wood. “I’ll explain on the way.” Spencer stuttered.

“May I tag along.” Caroline cooed. “Of course!” Zipper said hugging the poor snake. “Thank you Zipper for your kindness.” Caroline smiled and hopped on wood with Weed and Spencer. The grass rustled as Raspberry and her gang appeared. “Are you guys alright.” Raspberry called out. “We’re fine.” Spencer yawned. “Ew!” Yew yelled out. It seemed he had noticed Bonfire’s dead body with his eyes bulging out and his vital organs slightly showing out of his mouth. “Oh that’s Bonfire.” Ivy finally realized. “Finally dear Zorilla!” Wolfberry shouted. Zipper hopped on Wood with the others waving goodbye to Raspberry’s group as the left into the trees.

After they cross the river where they met,Woodland let them get down onto the ground once more. “Well this is goodbye I guess.” Woodland frowned. “Don’t worry we will mention you.” Zipper smiled. Woodland’s frown turned into an excited face and he ran away. Caroline slithered on top of Weed as they walked into the night. “We should rest somewhere it’s really late.” Spencer said. “Hey Spencer what secrets are you hiding from us.” Weed inquired. “Well uh.” Spencer stuttered.