3rd december

Bryles

Briars P.O.V:

It was 2pm on Saturday the 3rd of December and as you can imagine In was freezing outside, with small fragile snowflakes falling every second. Myles and I had just finished choreography an awesome duet ready for the dance season to begin next year and after working on it all morning I must say it was pretty close to perfection. Hard work definitely pays off.

Myles P.O.V

I don't know how briar does it but she is an absolute beast. We could dance for 24h+ and she would still have energy and motivation. It's great to see someone so passionate about dance. She may look weak and frail however she's a powerhouse, never gives up no matter what gets in her way.

We were packing our dance bags getting ready for an early leave at the studio, after all we have danced our hearts out when we hear an urgent weather warning. Within an instant all of A troupe are gathered around the mini radio sat outside the office, waiting for the following news.

"The Met Office has issued an ice warning for almost all of Canada, and a snow & blizzard warning as extreme cold grips onto the country. Eastern Canada is going to shiver through one of its worst cold snaps of the season, with some forecast warnings of thunderstorms and temperatures that will plunge to -16C in some places.
Ice will become a major threat to drivers, pedestrians and cyclists starting at 3pm today as temperatures drop following rainfall, and wintry showers move into some areas".

Allains P.O.V

Everyone looked stunned, there eyes filled with shock horror as if they have just seen a massacre. We all glared at the clock hoping that it wasn't to late to making back home before the storm hit. The clock read 2:30pm, that gave us 30 minutes to make sure everyone was home safely.
"Dancers, you must all leave the studio immediately, rehearsals will be rescheduled but if your all gonna make it back home before the storm hits you must all leave now" "if your walking back try to stay in groups and if there is ANY problems call us" I shouted throughout the studios, making myself very clear.

Everyone seemed stunned, as they raced to their lockers to grab their dance bags trying not to leave any valuables of their behind. To be honest I've never actually seen the dances move so fast in my entire time of teaching them, maybe this is a new motivation technique 😉 but for now I've got bigger things to worry about.

Myles P.O.V

As all the dancers grabbed their bags and headed out of the studio only me and briar where left gathering the rest of our stuff or should I say, she was.
Me being the kind gentleman that I am, offered to walk briar home, after all I pass her house anyway but I seriously don't know what's taking her so long.

Five minutes later we rushed out of the doors of CDC, not quite realising the full extent of how bad the storm actually was. A thick layer of ice and snow had already covered all of the paths and road and everywhere looked dead. We had to rush as there was only 20 minutes left before the Torrential storm hit us.

Walking at a steady pace trying not to fall over, I feel a pair of petite arms grab mine as I notice briar starts to slide across the path. Out of instinct I grab her and a nearby fence trying to keep us both upright on our feet, we only had a 2 minute walk left to briars, so I clutched onto her until We finally reached her front door.

Briars P.O.V

It was so sweet of myles to walk me home, if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have made it back without falling over several times. We arrive at my front door and as we go to unlink our arms I notice myles slowly start to turn around as he tries walking back to his house, while he's sliding every where. I quickly grab his shoulder making him turn around with an interrogating look on his face.

"Myles it's far to dangerous for you to walk back by yourself and by the time you make it half way home the storm would be unbearable for you to go any further, stay please, just until the storm passes". I exclaim with a concerned look on my face.

Myles P.O.V

I know briars right, it is too dangerous but I don't want to interrupt her and her family, I also don't want to ruin our relationship in a friend way. "Briar, look I'm sorry" but before I can finish I feel her grab my wrist and pull me inside her house. I'm kinda shocked that she's so welcoming and thankful that she's willing to let me stay till the storms passed, I guess she really does care about me after all 😊.

Part II ? - bryles_jess 💙