What are we?

Briars P.O.V

We detached our lips, pulling away in disbelief and sat staring at the ground beneath us, there was silence. It wasn't awkward but it certainly wasn't comfortable either, it was a weird silence. I sat fumbling with my fingers anxiously, trying to process what just happened in the last few minutes with thousands of thoughts running through my mind.

All my thoughts trailed back to the scene in the cafe were he said and I quote 'if you ever touch my girl again, there will be consequences'. What does he mean by 'my' and why was he being so protective of me? I'm probably so overreacting right now but truth be told, I like him a lot more than I thought.

I couldn't cope any longer, so I decided to break the silence between us. 'Myles, where is this taking us?' I asked confusedly. 'What do you mean?' He questioned shrugging, even though he knew fine well what I was talking about. 'As in, what are we? It may sound stupid but I feel like we should be more than best friends but I understand if you don't feel the same way.' I replied nervously. Anxiously I awaited his reply

'Look briar, I'm going to be honest with you here, ever since I met you, i wanted to be with you. I wanted you to be mine. I just wanted to kiss you, cuddle you and be your protector. Your such a beautiful, kind hearted, brave girl and no matter what you do my feelings are never gonna change' he spoke confidently with a genuine smile on his face.

At this point my face was the colour of crimson; my heart was pounding out of my chest, I had no idea he felt this way about me. Whilst tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear, I looked at him dead in the eyes with a beaming smile; shuffling closer to him.

Myles P.O.V

I wave of relief washed over me, all of the emotions that had been bottled up inside of me had finally been released and I was one step closer to being able to call this girl mine. She will never understand the extent of what I would go through to protect her.

I no longer cared about the fact that her shirt was bloodstained or that her face was bruised from the cuts so I gently pulled her onto my lap. She allowed her head to fall back onto my chest as I whispered in her ear 'would you like to go on a date with me after rehearsals on Wednesday night?'

Her eyes were gleaming and her golden locks shone brighter than ever. 'I would love to' she replied as I wrapped my arms protectively around her. 'It's a date then' I confirmed as she nodded her head. TBC ....

(A/N) wow I'm really sorry I haven't updated in like a month, honestly I don't like this chapter and I've kinda lost my writing techniques now that I'm on holidays. So much has happened recently, briars finished the jlo tour, Myles is 21 and I'm so proud of both of them.
Just to let you know I wrote this whilst camping in a tent and I was so distracted. I will try and post more now but I do go abroad to Greece on the 17th of August.
TY for 1k reads too 😊
Would you like me to continue this book ?!?!? - bryles_jess 💙