Coffee

Briars P.O.V

today I've arranged to meet myles at the park at 12:30, I'm glad we've finally cleared the air, well not completely but at least we are best friends again. I've decided I'm going to wear something casual as it's not a fancy occasion, therefore I'm wearing a pair of black leggings and a white crop top covered by a synthetic leather jacket.

It's currently 12 'o' clock so I have just enough time to add some natural makeup on as I know myles isn't too keen as he thinks girls look beautiful just the way they are. He doesn't think makeup should define how a girl looks and to be honest I kinda agree with him so I just went for a nude look.

The clock soon struck 12:25 and that was the time i planned to leave the house as the park was only a 5 minute walk. However with every step I took I was beginning to feel more and more insecure and nervous, I don't exactly know why I got this feeling it was only two friends hanging out, right. (Wrong and that feeling would be called love, dear)

I arrive at the park, only a few minutes late, and spot myles sat on a bench under a tall oak tree, I inhale a massive breath before proceeding to make my way over toward him. As he sees me walking towards him he give me a genuine smile and waves only making me walk faster until I have approached him.

Myles P.O.V

As soon as I spot briar,I give her a warm smile, encouraging her to come over and sit beside me. with one of her every steps I can feel my heart lurching out of my chest, it just seems to be a weird effect that she has on me, it's hypnotising. The crispy, cold air made me shiver as it trailed down my spine, I can't mess up.

M- hey briar, how you doing?
B- hi, I'm doing ok, you?
M- same old, same old, look I'm sorry about the past few days, I just needed some time but it had nothing to do with
you I swear.
B- I wish you would stop apologising, I get it honestly, we all need a little time to our selves.
M- your a great friend, thank you
B- thanks for what exactly
M- for sticking around and being understanding
B- well I wouldn't really be a friend if I held a grudge now, would I?
M- I guess not
*both chuckle a little*
Would you like to grab a coffee to warm up.
B- sure

Myles P.O.V still

We both exit the park and begin to walk to walk to the nearest coffee shop through the refreshing misty breeze laughing and giggling along the way at stupid little jokes. Although is freezing right now, there seems to be a warm vibe cascading around us, sheltering us from the cold.

Briar P.O.V

When we arrived at the shop, Myles being the gentleman that he is securely held the door open for me, allowing me to amble inside the mellow shop. We took a seat by the Christmas decorated window which over looked a beautiful ice covered, glistening lake and began to scan the menu of hot drinks.

Once we had decided on what to get Myles walked to the counter and ordered our drinks. I decided on a honeycomb crunch latte and he decided on the pumpkin spice latte, which I thought was adorable for some reason. Now out of sight as their was a pillar blocking my view of myles and the counter I begin to scroll through my phone checking out my latest messages.

Abruptly the natural light from the window had been blocked as a lad about the same age as me emerged from behind where I am sat. To be honest he looks like a fuck boy and I don't feel comfortable at all, I just hope myles will return as quickly as possible.
Bryles_jess 💙

Who do you think this new guy is and what is you think will happen next?