What are we? (2)

(A/N sorry I haven't updated in a while but here's a quick summary of what's happened previously, briar and Myles went to a cafe, where briar got touched upon by a perverted guy which left her with several injuries, Myles then took her back to his house as his parents were away and he cleaned/bandaged Bri up. They then kiss and confess there feelings to one another and arranged a date together, at the end of the chapter there basically hugging)

Myles P.O.V
*briar is still at myles's house with sustainable injuries*

Still wrapped up within each other's presence, the warm atmosphere, gave off a calm vibe, with my head resting on top of hers, Her fragile body's was figuratively placed on my lap. She tilted her head upwards  and grined, never had I ever seen so much passion in her eyes before, apart from now. There was a warm embrace surrounding us, even though she was still stone cold.

I placed a genuine hand on her bare arm and felt her body quiver under my touch, the remaining clothes she was wearing, had been torn, exposing her to the cold air.
"Would you like to take a shower" I asked optimally. "Please" her angelic voice answered in attempt to stand up. Lifting my arm out toward her, she stabilised herself, gathering her balance.

I paced myself toward my closet and pulled out a cozy hoodie of mine, handing it over to Bri. "Thanks", she flashed a shy grin. "You are wearing undergarments,right" I asked embarrassingly, admiring her lower half knowing that none of my clothes would fit her. Uneasily she nodded, trying to cover her Scarlett face behind her hair.

Briar P.O.V

Escorting me to the bathroom, he handed me a towel and some cleansing products, like shampoo and body scrub before leaving to go downstairs. Just like his bedroom, the bathroom was open spaced, all colour coordinated and organised. The shower was massive with several buttons on the control panel, slightly confusing me.

Stepping into the shower, the warm water hit my bare skin, like standing out in the rain, each drop bouncing onto the floor. Lathering my body in soap suds, it mildly stung my cuts causing a bit of discomfort but it was manageable. I finished off by washing my hair, giving it a good wash with shampoo and conditioner before hopping out and wrapping the towel around me, tucking the corner in to stop it from falling.

I took a few moments and stared at my reflection in the mirror, the more I looked at my abused body, the more tears welled to my eyes. I wiped them away, brushed my tangled hair and hand dried it, putting it into a messy bun. once I'd finished with my hair, I put my underwear back on and snuggled into myles's hoodie, it was overly sized, reaching just above my knees but it was snug and homely. 

Without hesitation I gathered my things and limped back to his room, placing my laundry in a basket and sitting on the edge of his bed. My phone had completely died, so hoping he didn't mind I borrowed his phone charger also, leaving it on the side cabinet, contemplating whether to go find myles or not, I decided not to and just slumber in his room.

Myles P.O.V

Whilst briar was in the shower I went downstairs to the kitchen to prepare an afternoon snack of strawberries and hot chocolate, whipped cream with extra marshmallows. I noticed the water trickling upstairs had stopped, so I also went and got changed into more comfy clothes which consisted of joggers and a sweat shirt. 

I returned back to the kitchen and placed the items on a tray, then carried them upstairs where briar awaited me, lying on my bed. She looked a lot perkier and awake now that she had freshly showered and tied her hair up.

Briar P.O.V

Myles entered his room, with a tray, carrying 2 mugs and 2 bowls, I sat up crossing my legs, allowing him to sit down. My face blushed as my thighs and lower legs were exposed but he didn't seem to mind at all. "I thought we could maybe watch a movie together so I brought us a drink and snack" he said warmly. "Sure" my voice came out a little raspy but audible enough.

He grabbed the tv remote and leant back against the headboard, flicking through the channels, I copied his posture, watching every action. A few moments later he smirked, selecting 'high school musical', watching my reaction. "How did you know?" I laughed. "That's only for me to know" he answered. We just sat there chuckling at one another.

Once we'd gotten comfy, wrapped up in the blanket, he passed me a cup of hot chocolate and glistening strawberry's, which I devoured quite quickly as I was hungry. The first half of the film was pretty proactive but during the second half, I felt my eyes begin to droop slightly.

Myles P.O.V

I noticed briar sleepily attempt to keep her eyes open, It was only around 9pm but it had been an eventful day for the pair of us. She shifted her position, inching closer towards me and I had this sudden urge to loop my arm over her shoulders. As I did, she glanced up at me resting her head on my shoulder before peacefully falling asleep.

Switching the light and television off, I pulled the blanket further up, keeping us warm. All was calm as I also drifted off to sleep, dreaming about our perfect date that awaited us. I couldn't wait to call this girl mine.

(A/N. Wow a lot has happened since I last updated. I have some amazing news. ME AND Bob_the_intern HAVE GOT MEET AND GREET TICKETS FOR TNS, IM THRILLED AND OVER THE MOON. ALSO TURNS OUT MYLES IS JOINING THE UK TOUR.  Eeekkkkkk 😁 thank you for all the support on this book and I plan on releasing my new book soon - bryles_jess💝

22/09/19💙