Chapter 22

Chet Watakeekul

In my dream, I kissed him over and over. I kissed his tears away. I kissed his cheeks. I kissed his forehead and the tip of his nose. And finally I kissed his lips. His arms were tight around my waist. It was warm, hot. Then neither of us were wearing shirts and I kissed his neck, the hot skin over his collar bone. My kisses trailed down his chest. I took his nipple in my mouth and swirled my tongue around it. His body moved underneath me. A moan escaped his lips. My kisses trailed down the muscles of his stomach, my lips on the indentations and mounds of his muscles. I suddenly had a desire to taste his skin on my tongue so I licked him from the base of his stomach up to his neck. He shuddered beneath me.

The alarm on my phone buzzed. My eyes flashed open. Well, if I had any doubt that something inside me had been opened with Vincent's kiss, that dream would have squashed it. It might have sounded strange, but I had never had a dream like that. And the tent forming in my blanket was further proof.

I grabbed my phone and shut off the alarm. I had to think of other things. I had to get up and get ready, but I couldn't let my family see me like that. Think of puppies, cute little puppies with floppy ears and floofy fur and when they run they look adorable in all their uncoordinatedness...ness. Great. Now I wanted to get a puppy, but the tent had disappeared.

I got up and got dressed. I could hear Kannika moving around in her room. Someone was in the shower and since my dad was in the kitchen packing his and Kannika's lunch, I assumed it was my mom.

"How was your time with your friends last night?" my dad asked. He handed me a piece of toast with a fried egg on it.

A smile crept onto my face. "Good," I said. I quickly bit into the toast and egg hoping that would wipe my smile away, but it didn't. I wanted to see him. Vincent. Why hadn't I thought to ask him for his phone number last night? That seemed like a basic.

"It seems like you had fun," my dad said. "You're in a good mood."

"I'm always in a good mood," I said as I took another bite.

My dad handed me a glass of orange juice. The shower turned off in the bathroom. I couldn't hear it from the kitchen - I wasn't Kannika with super hearing - but the pipes were old and when water was running in the bathroom, the pipes in the kitchen made a quiet sound which stopped when the water in the bathroom was turned off.

"That's true," my dad said. He took a bite of his own toast with egg, "but this time it seems a little different."

"Don't talk with your mouth full," I mimicked mom's tone. Dad made a face at me. "I made a new friend," I said. "The person who was trying to break up Mateo and his boyfriend has come around, I think."

"That's good to hear," my dad said.

The bathroom door opened. I quickly stuffed the rest of my toast in my mouth and ran to the bathroom arriving just a split moment before Kannika. I went into the bathroom and locked the door. Kannika pounded on the door. "I have to get ready too!" she called out.

"I just need to pee," I said.

She sighed like the over dramatic teenager she was and stomped off. Having only one bathroom in a house with four people wasn't easy, but when there had been five people it had been a lot worse. Especially since it used to take Kiet an hour to get ready. I finished using the bathroom, brushed through my hair quickly and called out to Kannika, "The bathroom's free."

I went back into the kitchen. Mom sat at the table with dad. He had finished his toast, but he waited for her. "Bye," I said. I gave them both a quick hug. I grabbed my backpack from my room and made my way through the neighborhood to the bus stop. I always tried to be at least 5 minutes early. The bus was usually right on time or a few minutes late, but there had been a few times where it was early and I couldn't afford to miss the bus. I guess I could miss it, but it would mess up my morning routine.