Chapter 1

The city passed beside me as I sat in the backseat of my dad's car. The sun was low in the sky and clouds covered the horizon. I turned to look at my dad in the seat next to me, then looked out the window again. We came to a stop outside a typical Queens apartment, Happy coming around to open the door for me. I'd told him many times he didn't have to, but he insisted, reminding me that he was my godfather. I laughed under my breath, stepping out of the car. I wore a pair of black jeans with a skintight black long sleeved shirt accessorized with a simple pendant in the shape of a lightning bolt.

My dad walked around the car to the sidewalk where I was standing. "You know what you're gonna do?" Tony Stark asked me.

"Yep."

"Good. Let's go." He said, walking into the apartment as I followed closely behind. We took the elevator up to the seventh floor and my dad knocked on the second door to the right. A woman opened it and, having read the file on Peter Parker earlier that morning, I assumed she was his aunt, May Parker. "Tony Stark!?" She said dramatically, her mouth agape with surprise. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I believe your nephew Peter Parker, won an internship with me for this year."

"Come on in," she said, smiling. My dad and I followed her into the apartment, sitting down on the couch. "You know, I never even knew he applied for that internship." She said. She was definitely star struck. It was kind of comical. "Peter should be here shortly." She informed us.

As if on cue, Peter Parker walked in. Sure I saw a picture of him in his file, but seeing him in person- I felt my cheeks heat up and I hoped my dad wouldn't notice. A couple pieces of his brown hair curled over his forehead. His eyes were a deep chocolate brown and his jawline could cut diamonds. There was a small notch in his left eyebrow that I couldn't help but smile at, but only for a second. I was here on business, so to speak. And even though I knew I wouldn't need his help with the mission, this trip to Queens wasn't a waste of time in my books.

He stopped in his tracks as soon as he saw us on the couch, taking out his earbuds and somehow looking good while doing it. He looked from Tony, to me, and back to Tony again. "Y- you're Tony Stark."

"Nice to meet you in person, Mr. Parker. I'm here to congratulate you. You won the internship." my dad said, adjusting his sunglasses.

Peter had confusion written all over his face as my dad said, "Y/n, go tell him about what the internship offers."

"Happy to." I walked past Peter and he followed me into his bedroom. Any other time, this would be inappropriate but because Peter was so confused, it wasn't.

"I'm Peter, by the way." He said as he walked into the room, myself right behind him.

"I'm Y/n. You could say I'm Tony's assistant."

"Nice to meet you." His flustered expression was almost comical as he awkwardly stood in front of me.

"Likewise," I lowered my voice, "Okay, since you obviously know you didn't apply for the internship, you're probably wondering what we're doing here."

"Umm, yeah. Kinda-"

"Well, we're here because we know you're the Spider-Boy-Man-Whatever and we need your help."

His gorgeous eyes widened, "I think you have the wrong person. See I- I'm not-"

"How would you like to be an honorary Avenger?"

He blinked. "What do you mean?"

I gave a brief explanation of the circumstances, doing my best not to get distracted by him, which was surprisingly harder than it sounds.

"Wow. That's-"

"A lot?" I replied, checking the time on my watch.

"Yeah. Wait so you're Mr. Stark's assistant?"

"As I said before, you could say that."

"What do you mean."

"Well, I'm not really his assistant. I'm actually his daughter..."

His eyes widened again. "He has a daughter? I didn't know-"

"No one does. You're the first. And the only reason you know is because of the current circumstances. And you can't tell anyone either." I pointed at him, trying to stress how important this part was. I was reluctant to even tell him, but my dad said I should if he asked.

He put his hands up and said, "I won't. I promise."

"Good. Now pack what you need. We're leaving in fifteen." I said, walking towards the door.

"Fifteen minutes!?"

"Yeah. So hurry up. We have a plane to catch." I walked out of the room and back to the couch with my dad and Peter's aunt.

My dad talked to May while I used my phone for the next fifteen minutes. And while I tried to focus on what was on the screen, I kept ending up thinking about Peter Parker.

He walked out of his room, a duffel bag full of his things slung over his arm. "Ready for the internship retreat?" Tony asked as Peter hugged his aunt goodbye.

He nodded, following us out of the building. Once we got to the car, my dad said, "I'll be going there tomorrow morning so you two take the car."

"Alright. See you there Dad." I said as he hugged me and kissed the top of my head, melting my rough exterior for a few seconds before we left. We all were silent the whole car ride, the only sound was the radio playing back in black by AC/DC faintly.

We arrived at the airport and I hopped out, grabbing my suitcase out of the trunk. I stopped next to Peter who was staring in awe at the private jet. "Let's go."

"Yeah okay." His voice was a little shaky.

"You good?" I asked as we walked.

"Yeah, I've just never been on a plane before. Especially after-" He cut himself off.

After his parents died in a plane crash. "I'm sorry about your parents."

"Me too." He said as we got to the stairs. I could tell how much he thought about it even after all these years. He sat down in an empty seat, pulling out his phone quickly.

I sat down next to him. "Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I said, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"Sure. Which one?"

"You pick." I passed him the remote for the tv and he flipped through movies, finally deciding on Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. I gave him a quick sideways glance, trying to stop my growing smile. Cute and good movie taste? Damn.

Because of how late it already was, I fell asleep about halfway through the movie, unknowingly resting my head on Peter's shoulder.

Peter's POV:

I didn't dare move. I didn't want to wake her. Today was a whirlwind for me and probably her too. I mean-

I was flying to Berlin to go fight half of the Avengers. Things couldn't get much more crazy than that.

And here I was on a private jet with a gorgeous girl resting her head on my shoulder. And I'm serious, she is gorgeous. From her eyes to her hair to her lips. But it wasn't just that she was pretty. From what I'd known about her thus far, she was a badass with a sweet side. She intrigued me.

The movie finished and I shut off the tv as quietly as I could.

I knew eventually, I fell asleep too.